Suggestion for future change

Jared A

Suggestion for future change

Post by Jared A »

I think it might be a good idea to be able to "accept" trades prior to them being processed.

So, if rosters are locked, and you accepted a trade, it goes through once things are open.

I'm not complaining or upset with anyone, but I had agreed to a trade early last week.... Pit was sending Justin Pugh over for my 1st. Not the end of the world, but he was unable to log on Saturday. Which means I missed the cutoff for trades, since the window was short. It may or may not have affected the outcome of week 8... it doesn't really matter. I should still be fine heading into the second half.

Seems to me that if we could just hit "accept" but the trade wouldn't go through... it would save some of the troubles. Also, it might put a little less stress on Troy to get weeks simmed early.
MikeMitch

Re: Suggestion for future change

Post by MikeMitch »

I agree, with the window for making trades being so inconsistent, something like this would probably help
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Jared A wrote:I think it might be a good idea to be able to "accept" trades prior to them being processed.

So, if rosters are locked, and you accepted a trade, it goes through once things are open.

I'm not complaining or upset with anyone, but I had agreed to a trade early last week.... Pit was sending Justin Pugh over for my 1st. Not the end of the world, but he was unable to log on Saturday. Which means I missed the cutoff for trades, since the window was short. It may or may not have affected the outcome of week 8... it doesn't really matter. I should still be fine heading into the second half.

Seems to me that if we could just hit "accept" but the trade wouldn't go through... it would save some of the troubles. Also, it might put a little less stress on Troy to get weeks simmed early.
This is an idea I support!
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
hoopie44641

Post by hoopie44641 »

I support the idea
EFFL- Baltimore Ravens overall record 11-6
2023 11-6 WC

CFFL- Detroit Lions overall record 5-29
2023 3-14
2022 2-15

CFFL - ST.Louis Rams: Overall record 59-85
2012 -220 WC 2017 DC 2020
lucky7jc

Post by lucky7jc »

Totally agree. It has cost me a trade already this season in which terms were met, but because the depth chart window is so short nothing got done, and since then the other GM backed out of the deal.
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I suggested this awhile back somewhere in the chat forum. I have no idea if Troy ever saw it, but we should ALWAYS be able to accept trades up until the deadline, whether we're behind or not.

Its just that those players obviously wouldn't count towards your roster financially or otherwise until the correct week.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Appreciate the feedback. Not likely in the short-term because of massive programming changes involved and completely re-working how trades processed entirely, but it's something on the list for further thought. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office