Off-Season Rules Discussion - Open Mike

tino38

Re: Off-Season Rules Discussion - Open Mike

Post by tino38 »

Crossway92 wrote:LTC values should come down for non QB positions, imo
They are based on current contracts given out by other GMs because why would a player take less than what the market says they are worth?

You can thank your fellow GMs for that
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
stevebarrett24

Post by stevebarrett24 »

all it takes is that 1 owner to restructure a contract and keep some guy at 18 million a year to really screw with the ltc prices at a position.
DFFL-TITANS 111-17 15-6 126-23
13 10-6 WC (0-1)
14 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP OT
15 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
16 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
17 15-1 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
18 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 1-1
19 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
20 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
DaltonC

Post by DaltonC »

tino38 wrote:
Crossway92 wrote:LTC values should come down for non QB positions, imo
They are based on current contracts given out by other GMs because why would a player take less than what the market says they are worth?

You can thank your fellow GMs for that

All the back loaded contracts screw with market value, maybe the fix would be top 20 or 30 to lower the median?
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

This issue has been discussed ad nauseam over the last several years. I vote we table it this year so we can focus on other things.

If you want to see discussions about LTCs, dig up the previous discussions.
Last edited by Ben C. on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

Ben C. wrote:This issue has been discussed ad nausea over the last several years. I vote we table it this year so we can focus on other things.

If you want to see discussions about LTCs, dig up the previous discussions.
Amen. The only reason you would give LTC to a player is because he might get paid more in FA. If you're paying someone that amount who would get less then that in the open market then let him go to FA and outbid everyone else.
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Tmiller

Post by Tmiller »

This is more of a question than idea, how does RFA work here? Tender level and compensation if no match, or just the opportunity to match? Jw thanks
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Tmiller wrote:This is more of a question than idea, how does RFA work here? Tender level and compensation if no match, or just the opportunity to match? Jw thanks
Similar to the NFL and as you describe, where you can choose tender level to get compensation if you decide to not match a deal.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
larry linke

Post by larry linke »

Our free agency is pretty cool, but it can get frustrating.

Larry
Minnesota
AFFL
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I request it every year, and I'm going to continue to do so. I'd like to see a box you can check on the draft page for auto drafting for those GMs who know they can't be online to make their pick(s).

I don't think this would change much, as a lot of GMs probably wouldn't check the box, and still fail to show up "live" for their pick, but when you're online with 20 other GMs, and that one guy with multiple picks in the round is nowhere to be found, it would be nice if it simply auto drafted based on their queue, without all the time draining off the time limit.

I'd also like to have the ability as a GM to set my DC for future weeks, whether the league has simmed or not, instead of having to PM the commish.

Every year we end up falling way behind, and I'd like to be able to make trades instead of locking the rosters.

If you set up the database to accept trades, and they were only applied to the corresponding week, you'd never have to lock rosters again until the trade deadline passed.

I've missed out on numerous trades over the years b/c as GMs we never have a clue when rosters will be unlocked, and when it is, the window is usually so small that the GMs might not even catch it until they're locked again.

Its incredibly frustrating.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
rpete10

Post by rpete10 »

I think the draft order needs to change in order for more people to have a chance to be there for the 1st rounds. I know I work second shift and have trouble getting to the 1st round on fri. I would say have the 1st and 2nd round on sat at 12:00 then you have the morning and night to do things. then roll the 3rd, 4th and 5th on sun. with the 6th and 7th rounds on mon since a lot of people just auto pick them anyway.
CFFL Tampa Bay
2022 10-7

EFFL DETROIT
2022 11-6