Off-Season Rules Discussion - Open Mike

tjbarnaba

Re: Off-Season Rules Discussion - Open Mike

Post by tjbarnaba »

sportznut wrote:I really dislike the majority of the winter league meetings in the baseball leagues every single year where the same crap is suggested every year, and where others want to change every conceivable rule every year.

The last thing I want to see here is rules discussions 24/7/365, but maybe that's just me. Stop complaining about every damn thing, and just play within the rules.

We don't need to re-invent the wheel all the time.

Couldn't agree more. There were some really strong ideas early in the process but things have gone way off the rails. If people can't enjoy the system as currently constructed, they're doing something wrong. Let's put this thread to bed and start looking forward to the season.
2023 AFFL Champ
2019 AFFL Champ
2018 CFFL Champ
2018 EFFL Champ
Fish

Post by Fish »

Marlin, didn't you kick this year's open mic thread off with an idea you said in the post you have suggested every year? Every major sports league changes rules every year because they are trying to improve. Every major corporation does the same or they fall behind.

I'm sorry, was page 2. :D
sportznut wrote:I request it every year, and I'm going to continue to do so. I'd like to see a box you can check on the draft page for auto drafting for those GMs who know they can't be online to make their pick(s).
EDIT: ...and you are exaggerating, I'm not complaining and have only made like 5 suggestions.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

KevMonk

Post by KevMonk »

Fish wrote:Marlin, didn't you kick this year's open mic thread off with an idea you said in the post you have suggested every year? Every major sports league changes rules every year because they are trying to improve. Every major corporation does the same or they fall behind.

He suggested a tiny change that will only improve efficiency. You're suggesting a fundamental change to how this game is played. The two don't come close to comparing.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Agreed my change is a more significant change, but this is the place and time for those suggestions. While I agree Marlin's suggestion is a good one, the fact it hasn't been adopted reflects just how resistant to change the community is. Most GMs wouldn't even notice it.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

sportznut

Post by sportznut »

No, I didn't kick off any discussions. Troy created this thread, and merged some topics from previous discussions.

And I wasn't suggesting a rules change, or one that I suggest every year. I was suggesting something to allow the draft to flow smoother.

Josh, if I wanted to call you out, I would've. You're not the only one, but its not the first time someone has come here thinking they have all these grand ideas that no one has ever tried or thought of before.

I've known you for a long time, and what I know about how you do the winter leagues in baseball is that you have an opinion on EVERYTHING, and complain when people don't agree with you. You also have a tough time letting things go, and have to have the last word.

Initially, a discussion is good for all of us, but eventually it becomes tiresome, annoying, and counterproductive.

That's just my .02 on it.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Tito

Post by Tito »

Getting away from all that

Why can only 3 TEs count towards your grade? Once I sign a player, shouldn't I decide who counts towards the grade? I should be able to run a 5 wide all TE package if I want...
ATL EFFL
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Tito wrote:Getting away from all that

Why can only 3 TEs count towards your grade? Once I sign a player, shouldn't I decide who counts towards the grade? I should be able to run a 5 wide all TE package if I want...
That's not a realistic formation. No team in the history of time has ever run that offense.

But, you can use TEs to help your WR grade already.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Fish

Post by Fish »

You're still exaggerating. Yes I have an opinion on most things (shouldn't you?), but how hard I argue depends on the situation and still don't think characterizing it as complaining is accurate.

I don't think a 3 TE set makes sense either, but I suppose there is nothing saying you cannot do it in RL. You could use your QB as your long snapper if you wanted, but wouldn't make much sense.

I could see a 2nd backup TE slot since you can start 2 TE (unless the software fills that in automatically, Troy said a while back he thinks too much emphasis is out on the DC and that the software will account for most situations).
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

HollyWest19

Post by HollyWest19 »

sportznut wrote:
Tito wrote:Getting away from all that

That's not a realistic formation. No team in the history of time has ever run that offense.

But, you can use TEs to help your WR grade already.

That's not true though, you can run a 4 TE 1 RB formation on Madden called Hulk. If it's in the game, it must be a real teams play. Also, if you have a guy that's a TEWR, then why can it only be 3, if he's a WR as well as a TE?
Fish

Post by Fish »

Actually...assuming your TE is a TE|WR, you can start them at all your WR spots which should be picked up by the software? Not sure that would be good for your WR grade, but if you are dead set on it give it a try.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions