2017 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2017 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Trades should be turned on for EFFL and FFFL. Let me know if any problems.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Free Agency starts at 9 AM ET tomorrow morning. I'll post more on that tonight for those new to the leagues.

Trading is now available in AFFL.
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

Has there been a determination on Josh Gordon? Do we still have him under contract for a year?
kevinl

Post by kevinl »

Just read on rotoworld that Gordon had his contract voided last year and the Browns still own his rights. Since we are real like NFL, should be like that on here.
vikingfan

Post by vikingfan »

It appears that Gordon is a free agent.
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

Noticed in the free agency pool Zach Orr is listed as retired as he should be, but Romo does not have that designation labeled to him, just thought I would mention that.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Lots of questions about a previously suspended player. Really going to have to think about that as a rule change for the future because frustrated with having to manually track suspended players salaries and contracts differently from everyone else across the league when we process contracts from one year to the next, but for now did that different treatment and made him not ufa. Don't count on that for sure in the future, though. Special tracking and special contract treatment for bad behavior suspensions doesn't feel like worth the extra administrative work here especially with all the built-in advantages for teams to sign their own. We have to find that balance between efficiency in sim league play versus exact NFL rule complexities.

All leagues should now have trading available. Let me know if any problems with that.

You should also notice the overall draft pick number listed on your team roster page for upcoming draft, with any compensatory picks also added. For the new leagues that didn't have free agency, as mentioned before, you just inherited compensatory picks from reality. This will be the last year for that, as this year's free agency impacts next year's sim draft. To view compensatory picks for your league, plus overall draft order, go here and select league: http://www.fangm.com/football/draft-picks.php
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

From what I can see, FFFL compensatory picks are incorrect after the first couple.
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Reminder that free agency starts at 9AM ET. If you are interested in the option of having a franchise tagged player sign their 1-year tender, making them an active roster play to either keep at their 1-year salary or trade them, you'll be able to click on their name in free agency and click to sign that tender at the bottom of the bid page for your franchise tagged players once free agency starts.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Zapotek wrote:From what I can see, FFFL compensatory picks are incorrect after the first couple.
There was some difficulty importing those without tracking down exactly when an NFL compensatory selection was traded and whether or not we'd inherited those trades or not, and even more complexity un-doing several sim transactions, etc. For the most part we simply imported NFL selection order for those as listed in official draft order at the time as a default. Perhaps some mistakes in that or more details for each selection could have been investigated further, but if a team feels particularly impacted they can contact me personally to discuss possible future compensatory considerations in future sim draft. However, for efficiency sake we have to just make our best attempts in data import situations and move forward.