2017 Off-Season Update

Vibe

Re: 2017 Off-Season Update

Post by Vibe »

Will we get an extra restructure to start the year again?
EFFL PHI GM
0-1 playoffs
2016- 11-5
larry linke

Post by larry linke »

What time on the 7th is the deadline?

thanks

Larry
Minnesota AFFL
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

larry linke wrote:What time on the 7th is the deadline?

thanks

Larry
Minnesota AFFL
I think it's usually kickoff time for the first game.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Fish

Post by Fish »

In addition to the exact deadline for rosters being at 53, can we get an idea of when updates will occur? I have a handful of players that have been addd to IR according to spotrac.com, made a few waiver claims and cuts to the PS that hav not processed.

I'm sure you will go through ratings again before the first sim, but there are players showing N/A that have ratings according to EA's Madden site.

Thanks.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

JonC

Post by JonC »

Fish wrote:In addition to the exact deadline for rosters being at 53, can we get an idea of when updates will occur? I have a handful of players that have been addd to IR according to spotrac.com, made a few waiver claims and cuts to the PS that hav not processed.

I'm sure you will go through ratings again before the first sim, but there are players showing N/A that have ratings according to EA's Madden site.

Thanks.
53 Man deadline is 9/7.

You can submit player updates (for adding to IR as an example) by clicking on their name on your roster and then clicking 'Submit Update for [Player Name]'. That's the fastest way to get those updates put in place since the commish doesn't have extra time to find every player's update as they happen.

If you have players that are listed as zeros but have ratings on the spreadsheet, linked here:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1473, send a PM to Goodell letting him know about the discrepancies. At this time, unless changes were made that haven't been posted, we use the spreadsheet that Madden publishes out and not anything found individually elsewhere, simply for ease of updating. It's possible they'll put out a week one update prior to Thursday if there are numbers out there different from the launch numbers that we see.
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Fish

Post by Fish »

When 9/7? Could matter. Someone above said typically the kickoff of the first game, but was hoping for something official.

Thanks, but I've already submitted the updates and PM'd Troy about the player grades. We still have time, but the deadline is approaching and I have a lot to work out with my roster still. Ha
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Fish wrote:When 9/7?
Once the NFL season starts with the first game that night, I'll begin contacting the teams that aren't in compliance to ensure that they do. We won't sim any games (typically Tues/Wed after NFL weekend) until all teams across all leagues are in compliance. That may mean GM replacements soon and/or the league making transactions for teams this weekend to ensure all in compliance before we begin our sim season.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The link in free agency to add unattached players to practice squad is now active.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Thanks Troy, that helps. I was having a hard time figuring out what was normal since last year was unique with the 2 new leagues and EA pushing roster updates more frequently.

I also saw a bunch of roster updates which is also helpful. I was starting to get worried I would end up which a bunch of roster spots filled by players on IR requiring more cuts. Sounds like we can expect another big update 9/7 (waiver claims, player ratings, etc) so should be good.

Thanks again.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Everyone be sure to update your depth chart for the new season.