2018 Free Agency Tweaks

Ben C.

Re: 2018 Free Agency Tweaks

Post by Ben C. »

robroach wrote:Question!!!

How are we going to settle ties for UDFAs?

Because it is going to happen. I'm over 80 players now, not counting the draft, so if there's a player I really like, I will probably go my whole budget for him.
Then the bid with the highest annual salary would win. My understanding is that it will work just like regular free agency, with the exception that there will be a maximum amount of signing bonus which you can offer to UDFAs. Once you reach that limit, you may be out of luck for other UDFAs that receive offers with signing bonuses.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Troy S

Re: 2018 Free Agency Tweaks

Post by Troy S »

Ben C. wrote:
robroach wrote:Question!!!

How are we going to settle ties for UDFAs?

Because it is going to happen. I'm over 80 players now, not counting the draft, so if there's a player I really like, I will probably go my whole budget for him.
Then the bid with the highest annual salary would win. My understanding is that it will work just like regular free agency, with the exception that there will be a maximum amount of signing bonus which you can offer to UDFAs. Once you reach that limit, you may be out of luck for other UDFAs that receive offers with signing bonuses.
Generally speaking, yes the intention is that it'll work very much like free agency now otherwise except you'd have a limit that would be enforced in terms of placing new bids specifically on UDFAs. Like free agency now, there aren't any ties in our system. There is a requirement for an acceptable counter.