Week 1 rescheduled game

With the NFL having to reschedule a week 1 game, what would you prefer here?

Use averages from last season for MIA/TB veteran players not playing week 1 and default updates for rookies.
64%
Wait until after NFL week 2 for us to sim our week 1 and use week 2 stats for all MIA/TB players both week 1 and week 2 here.
36%

Total votes: 47

Fish

Re: Week 1 rescheduled game

Post by Fish »

Very unrealistic example, but point taken. Still feel we are likely to get a late start so being a week behind because of everything Troy has to do in a short period of time isn't a huge deal.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

tino38

Post by tino38 »

Fish wrote:Very unrealistic example, but point taken. Still feel we are likely to get a late start so being a week behind because of everything Troy has to do in a short period of time isn't a huge deal.
How so? He hasn't got that much left to do, and he has 7 days to still update whatever is left for the week 1 sim.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Fish

Post by Fish »

Didn't he say once the deadline hits (7 pm EDT), then he will begin contacting teams that may be MIA or over their cap/roster limit. Figure that will take a few days if not more if he has to replace GMs, may be another round of rating updates if EA publishes them, there are probably hundreds of players on waivers that need processed...and it is just Troy. So maybe I am just more understanding of his time, but I'm perfectly fine with being a week behind.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

tino38

Post by tino38 »

Fish wrote:Didn't he say once the deadline hits (7 pm EDT), then he will begin contacting teams that may be MIA or over their cap/roster limit. Figure that will take a few days if not more if he has to replace GMs, may be another round of rating updates if EA publishes them, there are probably hundreds of players on waivers that need processed...and it is just Troy. So maybe I am just more understanding of his time, but I'm perfectly fine with being a week behind.
This is the part of the year where if GMs don't show up, you necessarily won't lose your team. It's built to be as active as you'd like so there is a possibility all teams will be allowed to remain with their GMs for a while yet. As for rosters/cap limits, that happens pretty much ever week, and it's my understanding that doing the waiver items is a few clicks of a button and done. No idea how much time it takes for the roster madden updates. Also I believe he said it is the leagues preference to go forward without delay.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

I think this is an obvious "use last year's averages" thing.

If there happens to be rookies... use next week's stats for them only.
brhlbryce

Post by brhlbryce »

Without a dog in the race, that would seem to be the most logical solution