AFFL Opening

Goodell

AFFL Opening

Post by Goodell »

If you have an interest in joining the AFFL, send me a PM with:

- Brief statement on why you should be selected for promotion to the AFFL. Only submit a response you're comfortable other AFFL GMs seeing, as we usually have some community feedback into the decisions.

- Whether you're willing to give up a team in another league to open up an opportunity to someone on the wait list. We may or may not require that, but it's something we have to consider to get more new people into the league before giving someone already in the league more teams.

New AFFL GMs have to be established players here already successfully managing a team.

Now that we've got the season successfully started and GM for this team hasn't returned even after NFL football back, we're actively looking for new GM in New Orleans.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Re: AFFL Opening

Post by Goodell »

We had a lot of great candidates and it was a very close call, but rabbitrun has been added to the AFFL and also allows a new person on the wait list the opportunity to take over their FFFL team to further grow our ranks.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Goodell wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:52 pm If you have an interest in joining the AFFL, send me a PM with:

- Brief statement on why you should be selected for promotion to the AFFL. Only submit a response you're comfortable other AFFL GMs seeing, as we usually have some community feedback into the decisions.

New AFFL GMs have to be established players here already successfully managing a team.
We don't get AFFL openings often, but may have a spot or two to fill this season. AFFL is only for experienced players who have proven themselves in other leagues. If you're interested in an AFFL team, please send me a PM with brief statement about your performance in another league so far. We're not necessarily picking the best wins/losses, but a good GM can demonstrate their skill in rebuilding losing teams too, as well as show they would be an active and positive addition to the league.

Send your PM with AFFL interest by Monday 4/19.

If you're not quite ready for the AFFL, but still would like another team in another league, you can also send me a PM about that. Depending upon who comes back in the next week or so, we may need to fill some openings.
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

I'd like a shot at it if possible, 5 years in CFFL and like to think at the least I have brought stability and finally a division winner at Arrowhead Stadium. Three years of 9-7, a 7-9 and a 14-2 last year. The GB franchise looks like a train wreck, thats the one I want. And I sent you two PM last night but its not showing up as sent about another matter...Thank you
Ritz Blitz

Post by Ritz Blitz »

I like the initiative this fella is showing.
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

Thank you Ritz, when I took over the CFFL Chiefs it needed work back in '16, but holy cow the AFFL Packers, now thats a challange
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

bpboguta1483 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:02 am Thank you Ritz, when I took over the CFFL Chiefs it needed work back in '16, but holy cow the AFFL Packers, now thats a challange
Not as bad as you would think. You have a legit QB, a top end RB, and the best OT in football (Bakhatari). It is certainly still rebuild mode, but they will have some valuable assets to whoever gets the nod!

Good luck everyone, and thank you for the fun!
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

The train wreck comment was in jest and if any offense was taken please accept my apologies, and if I were to take over the Pack, Carr and Barkley would be the building blocks, you set the OL up pretty well but affording Bakhtiari would take the 2 restructures into play and probably a tag for Bakhtiari in '21 then LTC him in '22. Peace Jared
Testa_315

Post by Testa_315 »

After taking over the CFFL Steelers my FANGM career has been nothing but up. I have pushed out older players ready to retire and flipped them for younger promising players. I have shown I’m willing to make the difficult decisions, whether it’s trading for a franchise QB (Josh Allen in CFFL, Patrick Mahomes in EFFL) or holding cap space to ensure I don’t rush a rebuild. This past year was the ultimate presentation of my skills. Both the CFFL Steelers and the EFFL Falcons were serious threats in their own respected leagues, but came up just short in the playoffs, including one loss in the Super Bowl.

Would I be willing to give up a team to join the AFFL? Absolutely, ideally I would give up the EFFL ATL team, but I’d I needed to give up both, that’s okay with me. As long as I get a shot at one of the open AFFL teams, like BAL, I’m okay with it.

Thank you for the consideration.
“If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream.”
-- Deion Sanders
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Just a heads up to all the people who expressed interest in the AFFL opening(s) as well as any other team in other leagues... I am going through everything today and tomorrow and should have more information soon so all teams are ready to go next week.