18 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 1-1
19 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
20 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
rpete10

Re: madden ratings

Post by rpete10 »

Ben C. wrote:
rpete10 wrote:
Goodell wrote:It's a frequent topic of discussion each off-season, but head's up on that. We cannot use premium information that isn't publicly available free for anyone. I can't post information here free that people have to pay for at the source otherwise.
i'm not am expert on the laws for this issue but I thought if you bought something it was your to do with as you wanted. you just couldn't charge for it. like buying a movie and watching it with friends. you paid for the item or service but are not making a profit or charging for it so you are free to use it. since you don't charge for this league that this falls into that area. again i'm not an expert or trying to argue it just trying to understand it better
Yeah, that's not how it works. I'm a lawyer, and though I don't practice intellectual property law, I do know that buying something like access to the ratings data means that "you can do with as you want." This is because: (1) when you use a service you agree to their terms and conditions. PFF expressly prohibits the publication of their data; (2) while it can be argued that this site is not profitable, there are ads on the site so it can be argued that it is a commercial endeavor which also prevents the republication of the data due to copyright laws.

When you buy a movie you are technically buying the copy for your own personal use. There is a huge difference between that and buying access to data.
thats exactly what i wasn't sure about thanks for the info ben
CFFL Tampa Bay
2022 10-7

EFFL DETROIT
2022 11-6
bpboguta1483

Re: madden ratings

Post by bpboguta1483 »

R Pete, I had that same issue with Zach Orr and it was frustrating as f;;;;k, Madden had him at 74 when all he did was produce 133 tackles, 5 pass defended and more important excelled in both run and pass coverage, he was a legit 3 down backer who played special teams to boot and was headed to the pro bowl. It's not perfect but its the best we have.