2018 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2018 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Draft picks for rounds 3-7 have been automatically signed by the league. We'll announce when 1-2 round picks are available to be signed by teams ahead.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Teams should be able to sign their own 1st and 2nd rounders now by clicking the link next to their name. Let me know if any problems, thanks.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

2020 draft picks should now be tradable. Reminder that teams have to be down to the 53 man roster by the first NFL game of the regular season on 9/6.
rabbitrun

Post by rabbitrun »

Goodell wrote:2020 draft picks should now be tradable. Reminder that teams have to be down to the 53 man roster by the first NFL game of the regular season on 9/6.
There seems to be an issue with the trading of the 2020 picks. It says the picks aren’t available for trade.
NO GM-AFFL
TB GM-DFFL
2017 CFFL Super Bowl Champion-Bears
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

rabbitrun wrote:
Goodell wrote:2020 draft picks should now be tradable. Reminder that teams have to be down to the 53 man roster by the first NFL game of the regular season on 9/6.
There seems to be an issue with the trading of the 2020 picks. It says the picks aren’t available for trade.
Will check on it tonight and update. Thanks!
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

After some adjustments, a trade looks like it's gone through involving a 2020 draft pick so I believe that should be good to go now. thanks.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Cutting to practice squad option has been activated. Teams can have 10 players on their practice squads, but those players must first clear waivers before they can move to your practice squad.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Season starts a week from tomorrow. Any ideas when our season may get started? When is the roster cut deadline?

Hopefully EA updates ratings on time, but I know it will take us a little bit to update.

Looking at my team, I think there are still some players that have hit IR and/or been waived with the injury designation that still haven’t been updated.

Cannot remember if anything else needs to happen, but I’m sure there is a lot so wanted to get an idea of a a schedule moving forward. Thanks in advance, much appreciated as always.
EFFL - Steelers
Record - 42-9
2017 EFFL Champions

JonC

Post by JonC »

53 man roster deadline is 9/6.
Normally our first sim is pretty quickly after the week 1 roster update.
If you click on a player that you know is on the IR, you can submit injury information for that player with a link. I've done that on a couple of my guys this off-season.
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Fish wrote:Season starts a week from tomorrow. Any ideas when our season may get started? When is the roster cut deadline?

Hopefully EA updates ratings on time, but I know it will take us a little bit to update.

Looking at my team, I think there are still some players that have hit IR and/or been waived with the injury designation that still haven’t been updated.

Cannot remember if anything else needs to happen, but I’m sure there is a lot so wanted to get an idea of a a schedule moving forward. Thanks in advance, much appreciated as always.
"Reminder that teams have to be down to the 53 man roster by the first NFL game of the regular season on 9/6."

Teams that aren't under at that time become in danger of having GM replaced and/or the league going in and cutting players for those teams because we need all teams to be in compliance before we start the season. Same with teams over the caps. We'll soon switch off the off-season salary-cap roster (just counting top 51) to the regular season roster rules for teams as they make final cuts knowing what the NFL's big cuts were here soon. If teams not in compliance on the evening of 9/6, the league will take actions to put all teams in compliance by that first NFL weekend. So best teams do that themselves than have us cut players for you (based upon last transactions causing the overage and/or lowest grades).

If it comes the evening of 9/6 and you're still awaiting on a player you expect to put onto some list to reduce your roster to the final 53 but they aren't eligible yet, just send me a PM then explaining that's the only reason your'e over and I'll check into why they weren't on the eligible for that yet or understand they might be over but a reason for that soon to be resolved.

We're understanding.

I've done most of the user-submitted IR cases except for the names that weren't on the IR list I typically go off and upload. Those differing cases are ones I have to look at closer individually to see why they weren't showing up on my list, but should be resolved soon. There will be tons of NFL transactions in the next few days and I'll be doing bulk uploads of status changes so easier for me to do that sometimes all at once here soon once the big list of NFL injury lists hit in the final NFL cut downs.

After the NFL has completed it's week 1 games, we'll do what we usually do in grabbing all the game stats the following day and gearing up for our own simmed version of those games. I don't expect a delay except if just lots of trouble having to manually put teams into compliance before we can fairly start with everyone under their limits. Or if the game box scores we use have new season formatting changes this year and we have to adjust our input formats or something. But if things are normal and most everyone gets their own teams in compliance, that would mean we'd sim our version of week 1 on Wednesday or Thursday a couple days after all NFL week 1 games completed and we've had time to upload those game stats.

Everyone make sure you also check your depth charts for the new season, thanks!