Free Agency and Draft Dates

When would you prefer free agency and the draft start?

Free Agency Sat 4/28, Draft Sun-Wed 5/6-9
31%
Free Agency Sat 4/28, Draft Sat-Tues 5/5-8
6%
Free Agency Fri 4/27, Draft Sun-Wed 5/6-9
6%
Free Agency Fri 4/27, Draft Sat-Tues 5/5-8
12%
Free Agency Mon 4/30, Draft Mon-Thur 5/7-10
14%
Free Agency Sat 5/5, Draft Sat-Tues 6/2-5
10%
Free Agency Mon 5/7, Draft Mon-Thur 6/4-7
20%

Total votes: 49

lucky7jc

Re: Free Agency and Draft Dates

Post by lucky7jc »

I just don't think starting FA on a Saturday is a great idea as most people do stuff, I think during the week works better, even if during the evening. That's really my only thing, but I'll do my best to get on then if needed.
AFFL Champion - 2019
AFC Champion - 2019
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

lucky7jc wrote:I just don't think starting FA on a Saturday is a great idea as most people do stuff, I think during the week works better, even if during the evening. That's really my only thing, but I'll do my best to get on then if needed.
To me, the draft day is far more important b/c of slotted times. In FA, you have 24 hours to counter, so really anyday is okay. You don't have to be around at a certain time to put bids in.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Zapotek

Post by Zapotek »

Add me to the list of people who would be fine with the draft being pushed back. Once it's completed we're largely back to twiddling our thumbs, so...
Manager of AFFL NYJ and FFFL CLE since before the 2016 draft.

CFFL IND: Took control after 2011 draft, relinquished after winning 2013 and 2015 season SB.
rpete10

Post by rpete10 »

free agency is fine earlier but I'll be having back surgery on mon 5/7 so I won't be able to do any drafting on that day so if we could do it later would be great
CFFL Tampa Bay
2022 10-7

EFFL DETROIT
2022 11-6
ryanlester89

Post by ryanlester89 »

I just don’t see how we get free agency going this weekend as far as I know we don’t have trading open yet. We still have teams on the openings page. I don’t see the point in rushing things along
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

ryanlester89 wrote:I just don’t see how we get free agency going this weekend as far as I know we don’t have trading open yet. We still have teams on the openings page. I don’t see the point in rushing things along
the only issue would be open teams. everyone else can be discussing trades through messages if theyre interested. And if trades turn on today and spots are filled then we have a few days to make deals.
tino38

Post by tino38 »

ryanlester89 wrote:I just don’t see how we get free agency going this weekend as far as I know we don’t have trading open yet. We still have teams on the openings page. I don’t see the point in rushing things along
With 6 openings still to this point, I would assume plenty of existing GMs have a shot at getting one of the teams. If that’s the case, then most of those GMs have probably already ran through the extension/cut strategies for those teams and have an idea of what they would do for trades and team building plans if they get that team. Just playing devils advocate here a bit on this particular part of your post
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
tjbarnaba

Post by tjbarnaba »

As long as the voids are filled prior to Friday, I don't see an issue with it. CFFL is full, DFFL is almost there. Wouldn't be surprised to see all the teams filled by the end of the day.
2023 AFFL Champ
2019 AFFL Champ
2018 CFFL Champ
2018 EFFL Champ
ryanlester89

Post by ryanlester89 »

Looks like we have two new prospective GM with no team on the waitlist with Fdean33 and Awaningking. So they would fill two of the spots.
tjbarnaba

Post by tjbarnaba »

ryanlester89 wrote:Looks like we have two new prospective GM with no team on the waitlist with Fdean33 and Awaningking. So they would fill two of the spots.

"With free agency set to start Saturday, April 28, at 10 AM ET, we'll fill any remaining openings this week prior to that time.

We prefer to give openings to new GMs so that we can grow the league and find great new participants, but this might be one of the rare times we give GMs with only one team another.

Several included notes of interest in another team in your checkin or separate PM or message post. However, as we'd officially consider that, I'd need requests to be in this format...

If you're interested in another team, send me a PM to Goodell account and include:
Subject: Openings
Your top 3 teams of interest from the Openings listing (in the top menu).
Why you'd be a good choice for a new team (previous sim team performance, activity, etc.)

We'd first still be looking to new GMs first, but if spots still open mid-week we'd look to fill those spots otherwise. Thanks"
2023 AFFL Champ
2019 AFFL Champ
2018 CFFL Champ
2018 EFFL Champ