2019 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2019 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

If you go into free agency now, you'll also see links for adding eligible players on the market to your practice squad. This year that big long list is broken out into multiple alphabetic groups for easier finding.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
tino38

Post by tino38 »

Goodell wrote:If you go into free agency now, you'll also see links for adding eligible players on the market to your practice squad. This year that big long list is broken out into multiple alphabetic groups for easier finding.
This is awesome! Thanks commish!
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

A few quick updates before the season...

- UPDATE YOUR DEPTH CHARTS! I had to go in manually and modify many team depth charts, but we only change things for players on the wrong team (replacing them with a player on current roster based upon highest grade available). Don't leave that up to the league. Get in there and modify your depth chart for the start of the new season!

- As usual, depth charts will lock once NFL games start Sunday. Can't make depth chart changes after the fact already knowing game results. Players involved in the Thursday night matchups were already locked. They won't be unlocked until we sim our week 1 this week.

- We've been contacting teams who are out of compliance and haven't shown up recently. If you know them, let them know. We won't sim until all teams in compliance, so should be a busy next couple of days either swapping out GMs as needed or the league making some transactions to get all teams in compliance before we sim games. If you know someone who wants to play, have them register for an account and post a message in the wait list forum.

- There was a grade update this week heading into NFL week 1. We've made those grade updates now.

- For holdouts and a couple of the odd situations this year in reality, they'll be handled the same as always. Like last year with Le'Veon Bell in his holdout, our sim contracts are different and a player may play here who is a healthy scratch or not playing necessarily in reality. We don't have real players with free will. A NFL player may hate his cheap rookie contract in reality, but here in the sim he might have been signed to a huge LTC deal he would have loved. Our sim situations are different. We only inactivate players who are on injury/retirement/suspension lists. Skill position players in that situation will probably contribute less in the sim, though, without any real game day stats and only mediocre default updates.

- Veteran players who are on your roster when we sim our week 1 have their contracts guaranteed the rest of the season, so keep that in mind if you have any veterans on the roster bubble.

- Players who are cut in reality and not on NFL teams by week 4, but still have a grade here based upon their preseason grade, will have their grades cut 25% after week 4 if they aren't on a team by then. Can't ride a preseason grade all year with no injury risk while a guy sits on the couch out of football all season long.

- Repeating the first point, check your roster depth charts and update them for the new season or for any last minute cuts/additions made. Let's have a great season!
JonC

Post by JonC »

Goodell wrote:If you go into free agency now, you'll also see links for adding eligible players on the market to your practice squad. This year that big long list is broken out into multiple alphabetic groups for easier finding.
Fantastic update. Thank you!!
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
stevebarrett24

Post by stevebarrett24 »

Check out the practice squad. I had Reggie Gilbert on my practice squad and he just got signed by New Orleans in AFFL. He went right on the Saints roster and no where on my roster page do I have a chance to match the deal. I will be letting him go but, to people who want to match in the future we need to get that option up.
DFFL-TITANS 111-17 15-6 126-23
13 10-6 WC (0-1)
14 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP OT
15 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
16 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
17 15-1 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
18 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 1-1
19 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
20 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

stevebarrett24 wrote:Check out the practice squad. I had Reggie Gilbert on my practice squad and he just got signed by New Orleans in AFFL. He went right on the Saints roster and no where on my roster page do I have a chance to match the deal. I will be letting him go but, to people who want to match in the future we need to get that option up.
Thanks. I believe that's fixed now. If anyone had a player signed off their practice squad that they'd like to match before now that doesn't show up on your team roster page as an option to match, just send me a PM.