2019 DRAFT DATES

What dates do you prefer for our college draft?

Saturday - Tuesday (4/27-4/30)
37%
Sunday - Wednesday (4/28-5/1)
2%
Monday - Thursday (4/29-5/2)
8%
Tuesday - Friday (4/30-5/3)
2%
Later Saturday - Tuesday (5/4-5/7)
48%
Later Saturday - Tuesday (5/11-5/14)
3%

Total votes: 62

whteshark

Re: 2019 DRAFT DATES

Post by whteshark »

RebelFan wrote:I don't like having our draft so close to the real draft. That's not a real good time for me schedule-wise either. FWIW

I also don't like people who lock children in cages, vilify immigrants and people of color, dishonor prisoners of war/families of fallen veterans, value profits over clean air & water, or praise and celebrate brutal authoritarian leaders. FWIW
I don't care when the draft is. I have drafted on a cell phone before (Jeremy Hill after Sport grabbed Hyde right in front of me).

The Democratic party is the party of eternal grievance; murdering babies even when they're born alive; and gaining power at any costs because these people believe they know better than us "deplorables." These people have no interest in sharing power; they want to impose on us for our "own" good.

--Obama started the locking children in cages but nary a peep was heard from the left.

--Damn, is vilifying groups like MS-13 that comes here illegally and murders people really a bad thing? Oh, I forgot MS-13 must be "dreamers." My bad.

--I could care less about Trump's fued with McCain. The left called McCain a racist too when he ran for president but fawned over him the second he stood up to Trump. Pretty much anyone who doesn't agree with a liberal is a racist.

--I'll believe you're serious about clean water when you talk to the peeps in Flint, Michigan about water--a state that has been controlled by Democrats for decades. Where's the fake outrage?

--And every country does business with dictators as they should if it serves the national interests. If it doesn't kick them to the curb: it's geopolitics. But does it not make sense to at least engage with nuclear armed powers who have a bone to pick with us?

--It used to be agree to disagree but since Bush the left has lost their minds. I have always loved a good debate but things have changed over the years. We can't even keep the politics out of our awesome football site.

I may only have two trading partners left after this--Larry and Oynx.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

I won't dive too deep into politics as it tends to be a never ending rabbit hole, but Shark you definitely still have me as a trading partner. :D
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

I am trying hard not to read these posts.

I come here to escape politics. Let’s try to keep it that way please.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

People ranting about Democrats and political talk being on this board in the same post :roll:
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
jmdaz44

Post by jmdaz44 »

The government and politicians as a whole have lost their minds. Both sides are effing crazy and corrupted. Enough of this shit. I came here for football.
CFFL Houston:
2013: 7-9
2014: 9-7
2015: 10-6 - Wildcard (0-1)
2016: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (0-1)
2017: 11-5 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2018: 12-4 - AFC South Champ (1-1)
2019: 13-3 - Wildcard (4-0 - CFFL Champions)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I've updated the settings on the poll so that your choice can be changed/updated now. Hoping to decide soon.

Just FYI, looking back on the draft dates over the years there are many times we started our draft either as the NFL draft was ending or a day or two after. Most of the years that we didn't were years I was behind and we finished our season late or got a late start on the off-season or had lots of programming changes so things were later.

I know most focus on their individual preference, which is understandable, but the league doesn't. Some don't care about other people's conflicts versus their own preferences, but the league does. Our main focus in finding a date is trying to find one that works best for 160 teams. It's impossible to please everyone, but we do that by trying to find times with the fewest big conflicts for the most people.

Had some of the conflicts listed in this thread been mentioned in the check-in messages, I probably wouldn't have even put them as options because I'm trying to avoid big conflicts for multiple people.

Going off the comments put into the check-in messages, the majority of conflicts mentioned were later into May and June. That's the primary driver of not waiting until those times when there were the most conflicts mentioned.

The fewest conflicts by far were earlier, plus with having some extra time now the system is ready to go earlier. I'm happy to just wait, it doesn't matter a lot to me personally, but by conflicts posted by GMs the more we wait into late spring and summer, the more mass conflicts we run into -- and the league's focus was finding a time that works for the most amount of people.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
robroach

Post by robroach »

I know it wouldn’t be popular, but I’d be up for having our draft BEFORE the NFL draft.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

robroach wrote:I know it wouldn’t be popular, but I’d be up for having our draft BEFORE the NFL draft.
That would not be fair at all. Real teams get to interview players, do advanced scouting, have access to the wonderlic results, can do background checks, and have private work outs.

The only thing we really have access to, is the results of the draft.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The voting is as close as close can be, but we have to call it sometime here. Given that 6 additional votes were for the next day or two after, and that less conflicts were posted for the earlier than later weekends with the most votes, we'll set our draft date accordingly:

College draft starts Saturday, April 27th. I'll plug in the draft windows for each pick soon.

But next year we may just default to the weekend following the NFL draft as the penciled in date and try to stick to that as we can going forward if doesn't have multiple conflicts.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office