Sooner or Later

With our nation-wide coronavirus situation, do you think we should start sooner or later?

Sooner
65%
Later
11%
Start when NFL draft starts April 23rd
24%

Total votes: 71

vikingfan

Re: Sooner or Later

Post by vikingfan »

I have always been a big proponent of doing our draft before the NFL. It would get real interesting in my opinion.
tino38

Post by tino38 »

vikingfan wrote:I have always been a big proponent of doing our draft before the NFL. It would get real interesting in my opinion.
I would not be in favor of this.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

i voted to start when the NFL does we've been doing it for 10 plus years i see no reason to change now
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
MSN Messenger:AFFLDetroitLions@hotmail.com:
YIM: shagg07
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

Jared A and JM Daz hope you both are feeling better, had my own bout but mine was more common cold symptoms, still makes you think a lot more about things as rapidly as this virus is spreading. Lucky to have a second job where i deliver food to clients and use a knock and drop to deliver the food. Now on to football, I'm ready to get this thing started, Do the usual check in, get free agency started and do the draft after the NFL does there's. Already have my estimated cap, LTC estimations on the two I want to extend and a probable franchise tag. Everyone be safe.
JonC

Post by JonC »

Shagg wrote:i voted to start when the NFL does we've been doing it for 10 plus years i see no reason to change now
vikingfan wrote:I have always been a big proponent of doing our draft before the NFL. It would get real interesting in my opinion.
I don't think Goodell is asking when we should have the draft. I think he's asking when the off-season should start moving forward (Tags/Trades/etc.)
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Shagg

Post by Shagg »

JonC wrote:
Shagg wrote:i voted to start when the NFL does we've been doing it for 10 plus years i see no reason to change now
I don't think Goodell is asking when we should have the draft. I think he's asking when the off-season should start moving forward (Tags/Trades/etc.)
IN that case let's roll :D
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
MSN Messenger:AFFLDetroitLions@hotmail.com:
YIM: shagg07
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

In the spirit of most people voting for sooner, but some understandably for later, we'll start to open up some optional things where teams can get a start on roster decisions but don't don't have any disadvantages if not participating quite yet.

Check your team rosters now that I've transition to the 2020 league year and let me know if any problems. We'll open up tagging and LTCs for pending free agents before too long.

Some teams already chose options for picking up 5th year options. I didn't quite realize those choices would pop up yet and wasn't ready for that, so I've removed those decisions for now. Those few teams that selected choices there would just have to answer that again soon, but no transactions open just yet. Hopefully soon. Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, those options are available now from team rosters.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Hearing no objections from my post earlier, we'll make it official and set the start of free agency:

Friday, April 24th at noon ET.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office