2020 Off-Season Update

Goodell

2020 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Okay, I think we're ready for some football. At least more so than society at this point.

To get things started, you can currently check in for the new season and do some team transactions that don't involve other teams (such as franchise tag players, set RFA tender amounts, pickup 5th year options, etc.)

You can also make cuts, but that's something you want to be careful about now. You don't want to cut UFAs (unrestricted free agents) because they cost you nothing now and you get unlimited bidding rights so long as they're associated with your team. If other teams sign your UFAs, it could earn you compensatory draft picks.

You should also be able to either franchise/transition tag or sign a pending UFA to a long-term contract before they hit free agency. Send me a PM if you have any questions about that.

Please first check-in for the new season and look over your roster and send me a PM if you notice any problems.

Now is a great time if you know some football fans (with lots of free time at home right now) to have them create an account here and post a message in the wait list forum. Once GMs check-in (or not in some cases) we'll have a good idea of specific team openings to fill before the season.

No free agency or trades or activities involving other teams right now. Just checking in and getting your own roster ready for the season.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
soonertf

Re: 2020 Off-Season Update

Post by soonertf »

Do we get 2 or 3 LTCs now?
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

soonertf wrote:Do we get 2 or 3 LTCs now?
2 LTCs, but you can also franchise tag a player with long-term extension based upon tag value.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Apparently I tested some league activity in AFFL, but forgot to flip some of those same switches in the other leagues. That should be updated now, thanks.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

We're getting some new GMs on board. I even ran some targeted Facebook ads to try to attract some new players. Hope to have all the holes finished this week with new players. If we are short on new players, we'd give existing GMs with just one team now first cracks at a second team. I'd already had some comment about that in their check-in or wait list thread or PM. That would likely be based upon activity level and past performance.

As for future dates to keep in mind...

TRADING
My hope is to turn on trading later this week. I want to finish up the actual draft order and compensatory picks and load that into the system before trading so there's no confusion over what picks people are trading for later.

FREE AGENCY
My first thought on starting our free agency would be to link it to the NFL draft date later next week. Let me know in replies or PMs if objections there, we'll put this in pencil for now and solidify it if no big objections:

Friday, April 24th at noon ET.
chiefbrody

Post by chiefbrody »

Denver Broncos - AFFL
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I shared your post on FB. Hopefully, we can get some new guys. I'll post in the baseball league too.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote:I shared your post on FB. Hopefully, we can get some new guys. I'll post in the baseball league too.
Thanks! With the new people I've been in some contact with, we may have enough now but some of them may not follow through. Either way we could always use some people on the wait list to jump in if some teams don't show for the draft, etc.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Sounds good.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

Goodell wrote:We're getting some new GMs on board. I even ran some targeted Facebook ads to try to attract some new players. Hope to have all the holes finished this week with new players. If we are short on new players, we'd give existing GMs with just one team now first cracks at a second team. I'd already had some comment about that in their check-in or wait list thread or PM. That would likely be based upon activity level and past performance.

As for future dates to keep in mind...

TRADING
My hope is to turn on trading later this week. I want to finish up the actual draft order and compensatory picks and load that into the system before trading so there's no confusion over what picks people are trading for later.

FREE AGENCY
My first thought on starting our free agency would be to link it to the NFL draft date later next week. Let me know in replies or PMs if objections there, we'll put this in pencil for now and solidify it if no big objections:

Friday, April 24th at noon ET.
Not that I need another team but I'd manage another team until a GM could be found. I don't care who it is but I don't have a problem being a placeholder.

I've been nothing but a placeholder for last place in the AFC West the last 4 seasons so I'm used to it.
Last edited by whteshark on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner