2020 Off-Season Update

brhlbryce

Re: 2020 Off-Season Update

Post by brhlbryce »

For anyone interested Troy gives a nice overview of the product in the back half of the podcast introducing the cash league. Or even if you're just interested in what the heck we're doing

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/brhl ... 1_30-07_00
MickeyD

Post by MickeyD »

Awesome stuff! Have fun. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to run a fantasy draft at the start of the a league like this in football or baseball would look like.
CFFL Bengals
DFFL Vikings
EFFL Giants
- NFC East Champions: 2021
FFFL Eagles
- NFC East Champions: 2021

Who Ya Got Champion: 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022
JonC

Post by JonC »

brhlbryce wrote:For anyone interested Troy gives a nice overview of the product in the back half of the podcast introducing the cash league. Or even if you're just interested in what the heck we're doing

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/brhl ... 1_30-07_00
Nice!
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Now that it's the night before the draft, I've activated some of the tools so the teams at the top are on the clock. They have over 13 hours until their pick is due, and nobody has to make their pick before their deadline, but if anybody at the top was around and all set with their selections they can enter them. Let me know if any problems.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Now that are drafts are nearing their conclusion (whew...) a couple of notes:

- You may want to copy/paste or print your draft queue if you have lots of players untaken for undrafted free agent shopping.

- We will add all players from the draft pool to free agency tomorrow morning (10AM ET).

- There is a limit for undrafted free agent signing bonuses similar to the NFL. We give our teams 100K total for UDFA signings. You could give all 100K to one UDFA of interest (but you wouldn't be able to counter any other UDFA offers with signing bonuses if you used all yours up), or spread it out and increase your odds of hitting on someone by signing multiple UDFAs to smaller deals.

- The free agency tools will not let teams bid if they are over their salary cap or roster limit. During the off-season we have a 90 man roster limit.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Undrafted free agents (UDFA) have been added to the free agency lists now, per the announcement above. Just click the UDFA link in free agency. Remember you only have 100K for all your UDFA signing bonuses before June 1st.
rpete10

Post by rpete10 »

Goodell wrote:Undrafted free agents (UDFA) have been added to the free agency lists now, per the announcement above. Just click the UDFA link in free agency. Remember you only have 100K for all your UDFA signing bonuses before June 1st.

Do mean 1M limit. it requires you to bid a min of 610 k which means you can only bid on one player
CFFL Tampa Bay
2022 10-7

EFFL DETROIT
2022 11-6
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

rpete10 wrote:
Goodell wrote:Undrafted free agents (UDFA) have been added to the free agency lists now, per the announcement above. Just click the UDFA link in free agency. Remember you only have 100K for all your UDFA signing bonuses before June 1st.

Do mean 1M limit. it requires you to bid a min of 610 k which means you can only bid on one player
He's specifically talking about signing bonus, not anything else. You can sign as many guys as you want, but only have 100K in SB to spread around.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
rpete10

Post by rpete10 »

sportznut wrote:
rpete10 wrote:

He's specifically talking about signing bonus, not anything else. You can sign as many guys as you want, but only have 100K in SB to spread around.

yep I see my mistake. thanks
CFFL Tampa Bay
2022 10-7

EFFL DETROIT
2022 11-6
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I was being a little cautious not wanting to do a whole bunch of work if pro football was going to go the way of much of college football, but with the season approaching and things looking pretty good (fingers crossed) for the NFL perhaps, I'll be updating quite a few things here soon in preparation for the season. Grade updates, opt-outs, draft pick contracts, etc. Usually the pre-season gets people into game mode a bit, but without that know that updates will be coming soon here as the NFL season starts September 10th I believe and that's less than 3 weeks away.