2020 Off-Season Update

bpboguta1483

Re: 2020 Off-Season Update

Post by bpboguta1483 »

Will all the claims be updated sometime tomorrow? Just some final roster tweaking the Chiefs need to do...appreciate all the hard work as always Troy
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

bpboguta1483 wrote:Will all the claims be updated sometime tomorrow? Just some final roster tweaking the Chiefs need to do...appreciate all the hard work as always Troy
Been hitting those a couple of times a day recently and all that were due now are processed. Every hour new batches of them come due, though, but we'll keep processing them as we can. Claims can't be processed until they have been on waivers for 48 hours to give everyone a chance to see and put in their claims.

I don't worry so much about those cases impacting roster limits, though. Teams have 48 hours to correct a situation if they end up getting a waiver claim that puts them over. If you're at 55 and get two claims that go through tomorrow that put you over temporarily, that's fine and teams are given time to react afterward to fix. I'll be focused mostly on the teams that are way over and haven't checked in for a while.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

stevebarrett24 wrote:Madden has updated rosters, now if you can find an easy way to update our grade here we will be all set.
I've been looking into ways to update given that their site changed and made it more difficult. Looked into that a little more urgently today after learning some of the grades on the initial upload a month ago have been updated in some cases. Thought it was mostly just adding new players who'd signed late or UDFAs who made their squads, but after talking to some GMs here seems like some of the initial grades were updated recently too.

Luckily after searching through various tools and methods, I think I found a way to get updates that'll work. Found a pattern in the unusable data export that I could restructure things into a usable format for us. Still in the middle of setting that up, but we should get another round of grade updates tomorrow to be current. That'll only effect new additions I hadn't already been contacted about and if there were any previous grades that were slightly changed since initial grade upload a month ago.

You can still contact me if you see a grade that should be updated, but I'll update here once I've done another full grade upload tomorrow.

In the meantime, make sure you check your DEPTH CHART from the team roster to update your offensive skill position starters for the new season. I'll lock those once NFL games start Sunday morning. Also make sure you're down to 55 man roster limit and salary cap. I'll be updating the team roster page for the regular season also soon and tweaking some things there for better organization.

If you need salary cap help, now that we're upon the regular season I've added an extra contract restructure to all teams. It's much harder to create cap space during the regular season. All veteran players (4+ years) have their annual salaries fully guaranteed if they are on your roster at the start of week 1.

Football's back!
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

How about the owners who haven't been on the website in months and haven't done anything with their rosters? There only seems to be a couple that haven't, not judging or anything but I would guess nothing is going to happen SIM wise until that gets ironed out.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

bpboguta1483 wrote:How about the owners who haven't been on the website in months and haven't done anything with their rosters? There only seems to be a couple that haven't, not judging or anything but I would guess nothing is going to happen SIM wise until that gets ironed out.
The league will take action if needed in a few cases so that we can sim next week. That can range from the league making transactions to get teams into compliance across the board to replacement GM.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I may have missed flipping a switch when we added practice squads. If another team signs your practice squad player, you can match the offer to keep them. However, the earliest transactions for that may not trigger the matching option it normally would on your roster page because of the delay in turning that on.

Bottom line is if you've already had one of your practice squad players signed by someone else and don't have options to match within a week of signing, then just let me know via PM that you want to match. It should be resolved for bids on practice squad players from here on out.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Update: The first week is the toughest in transitioning everything for a new season (scoreboard, standings) and making sure all teams are in compliance fairly before simming. But here's where we stand now if you're logging in wondering.

I hope to sim our week 1 games tonight (or tomorrow morning). I'm getting the last batch of box score games, but most things are done for that like weekly injuries and grades updated.

I was hoping to tweak the programming this year on the depth chart calculations for area strengths (OL, WR, F7, SEC). As we've added more positional flexibility over the years, the original programming logic for those calculations occasionally may end up putting someone who can play multiple positions into one of those that doesn't end up optimizing the score entirely. Usually that's like a small .1 difference outside of extreme cases, but I was still hoping to re-do the programming logic on that calculation. Did a lot on that yesterday, but I don't think it's quite ready and I don't want to delay things further. So I'll get back to that and swap our new programming there at some point this season. In the meantime, as in past seasons if you notice that calculation not exactly optimized and it makes a mathematical difference in the average, you can send me a PM and I can double-check and manually enter an adjusted calculation before simming.

I was able to get most teams into compliance this year by the deadline through adding players to IR, etc. The league hasn't gone in and made actual cuts for teams that didn't comply yet. I contacted those GMs a couple of times and giving them a little time while preparing to sim this week. Before I sim, though, if those GMs still haven't put things into compliance the league will go in and make cuts for them based upon grades so everyone is fairly at their roster limits. That'll mostly be teams that are significantly over, not a team just one player over because they put in a waiver claim or had a signing recently they hadn't had a chance to adjust for yet. Teams have 48 hours to adjust their rosters in those cases.

But I added some of the teams out of compliance who hadn't been here in a month+ to the at-risk list and may swap in some new GMs. You can send me a PM if you only have one team and interested in another. If you know some of those GMs, hit them up also as I had done.

We play the NFL schedule, so whoever your NFL team played in the NFL's week 1 that's who you'll play here too. I'll adjust the links for schedule, standings and scores in the process of simming week 1.

Once I sim week 1, I'll unlock the depth charts again for week 2. The Bengals play the Browns on Thursday night, so we'll re-lock the depth charts for just players on those real teams after that game starts, but otherwise the depth chart and transactions will remain unlocked until Sunday morning for week 2. You can always PM me a depth chart change for a player who hasn't played yet this week if you don't think you'll have time to adjust for CIN/CLE players for example before tomorrow night.

We'll be getting going with games here soon. Thanks for your patience as we get things updated for a new season and all teams in shape to go.
brhlbryce

Post by brhlbryce »

Thanks!
dcpuck

Post by dcpuck »

If I cut someone TO the practice squad does this transaction offer me the right to match as well? I have had many claimed, but not sure when I lost them or how to tell.
tino38

Post by tino38 »

dcpuck wrote:If I cut someone TO the practice squad does this transaction offer me the right to match as well? I have had many claimed, but not sure when I lost them or how to tell.
If you cut somebody to the practice squad, every other team has an option to claim that person but those teams cannot then turn and cut this player to their practice squad for 3 weeks I believe. Once the player is on your practice squad, there is a matching feature but they have to get there first.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’