2020 Off-Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2020 Off-Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Friday 5/8 at 11:59pm ET will the end of peak free agency. That will be the last time to place bids on tagged or restricted free agents. It will be the last time for unlimited bidding for your own players. All tagged/restricted players remaining on the market will become active players on their rosters. All UFAs will lose their team affiliations. Compensatory pick considerations will also end at that time.

Free agency continues to run, though, and never ends through the regular season.

The draft starts 5/16. Click the draft link in the main menu to see your specific draft pick windows and start loading up your queue for player rankings.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

Any plans to update city names for the three franchises who have relocated?
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Knighty Knight wrote:Any plans to update city names for the three franchises who have relocated?
Yes, but I want to wait until after the draft if any complications with existing roster management scripts if anything missed. Between the draft and actual football there's a good long window of less activity to knock out a few things.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Goodell wrote:Friday 5/8 at 11:59pm ET will the end of peak free agency. That will be the last time to place bids on tagged or restricted free agents. It will be the last time for unlimited bidding for your own players. All tagged/restricted players remaining on the market will become active players on their rosters. All UFAs will lose their team affiliations. Compensatory pick considerations will also end at that time.

Free agency continues to run, though, and never ends through the regular season.

The draft starts 5/16. Click the draft link in the main menu to see your specific draft pick windows and start loading up your queue for player rankings.
Additionally, the signing soon and most recent bids links will disappear from free agency once the peak time is over on Friday as usual. Bids are more secretive outside of peak free agency the rest of the season.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

10 days to the draft!

If everyone will put at least one player in their draft queue rankings it will help, as I contact teams in the days ahead needing a draft reminder.

Click draft in the main menu then Add/Modify Your Draft Queue to select and then add a player.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

We've now entered non-peak free agency. Free agency will remain on 24/7 until the end of the regular season, but all the tagging, restricted free agents, unlimited bidding, etc. has been removed along with the signing soon and notification of recent/active bids on the free agency page. It's more secretive with no cherry picking off others bids now, you have to click into the player to know if any bids on them.

If you had a tagged player who didn't receive any bids, you will see options for their extensions at tag prices at the bottom of the team roster.

If you don't like a returning tag or restricted player's contract based upon those values, you just have to cut them at no salary cap implications with only unguaranteed salary at those tag/tender amounts.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Quick question: I had an UFA who was bid on well before the deadline, but didn't officially sign until this morning, after the deadline passed.

How is that handled?
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote:Quick question: I had an UFA who was bid on well before the deadline, but didn't officially sign until this morning, after the deadline passed.

How is that handled?
We can take a look and see if it makes a difference in the calculations. Most of the time at the end of peak free agency the highest 32 unbalanced losses already happened earlier when higher graded players signed.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Sounds good. Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

It's just 5 and a half days to the college draft. Get ready!

One of the benefits of working more from home during this time is more time. I've updated an official rules page. Let me know if you notice anything big I missed (there's a lot to cover).

http://www.fangm.com/football/rules.php

You may also notice some new people sign up and a new league created soon. I've been talking with one of our players here who runs some other sports leagues. We're going to expand our system to have a football league for their community here. I haven't expanded for a while because of the work involved in setting that up, but they did much of that work for me already.