2020 Season Update

Goodell

2020 Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Our sim week 1 has been posted.

Depth charts are unlocked. Please check your depth chart for the new season and make sure you have it set as you want it.

Week 1 is always the busiest, but we'll try to do our sim games as early as possible each week after the NFL games in order to keep depth charts unlocked as much as we can throughout the week to allow changes and trades in the early season. Would like to sim Tuesdays or Wednesday each week for the first half of the season. Once we get past the trade deadline, that doesn't matter as much with transactions more limited for the second half of the season.

Depth charts will be locked again Sunday morning once NFL games start. Players from Thursday night matchups will be locked in place once that game gets going, as team cannot change their depth chart here after the fact already knowing the results of player games. But you can make trades all week until Sunday mornings and update depth chart for all other players.

Good luck this season!
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Re: 2020 Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Week 2 is posted!
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 3 is posted. Sorry for the delay. Had a lot of work things pop up and some data formatting issues causing things to have to be done multiple times. But depth charts unlocked until Sunday AM.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I haven't followed it closely yet with everything, but some were asking me about Pittsburgh Steelers-Tennessee Titans game postponed and impacts here.

Have to think through all the impacts, but this would be my initial thought. We sim the NFL schedule. Whatever games the NFL plays in a given week, we sim those games. We use those box scores.

We would have to treat it somewhat like another bye week, though, I think for all the various players from those real teams that are on many other different sim teams playing. In bye weeks, obviously those teams don't play that week in our schedule either, but any of the players on a bye who are set to play for a different sim team we use averaged games for them.

We're very accustom to bye weeks every season for years, so we should be able to treat any cancelled/postponed game situation similarly to how we'd treat a bye week.
jerrydlux

Post by jerrydlux »

So are we treating PIt-Ten this week as a bye for those teams or for the players of those real life teams?

We could potentially run the sim schedule as scheduled and treat any games cancelled due to covid like a bye week for those players (just using average stats) without throwing off our schedule.

Unless Covid cases start impacting multiple teams and multiple games each week...then its a much bigger issue.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 4 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Some have asked about helping league operations. Much of that is difficult to pass along, and thankfully some things are getting easier after some initial challenges this season.

But there is one area that people can help because more eyes are better than mine (and I've got thick lenses on my glasses)...

With all the COVID list and IR modifications this year, that's getting more difficult to not have things slip through the cracks. Players go on IR more and come off more quickly this year. We also have COVID lists that are new. I didn't add a COVID list, but we just use the non-football injury list (NFI) as it's a non-football reason they aren't on the field.

So if a couple of people who are frequently keeping up with the news about such transactions can help load those into the system it would be great so we don't miss when someone comes off a list and reactivated again, etc. There's not really a list for that I can use for some of these things, so have to search on those and sometimes miss things especially in busy weeks.

Here's how you can do that for either your own players impacted, or any player if you're being helpful overall:

- Search for the player with news (going on COVID list or being reactivated, etc.)

- Click on their player profile here.

- On that page there's a link to "Submit Update" for that player.

- From there you can send in a suggestion to update their player data if ours isn't updated yet including injury lists. I recently finished adding a working button for letting us know when a player was re-activated that you can choose now.

Those suggestions go into my admin tools and I can do a quick click to update those statuses, so it makes things easier and with more eyes on those types of transactions hopefully we'll catch them all. Thanks!
bpboguta1483

Post by bpboguta1483 »

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... juries.htm Would this help? I check it pretty much on a daily basis regarding my players, so if this helps let me know what needs to be done. https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/ 2 very good websites whose updates are pretty quick
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Grades have been updated for this week, including marking 25% off grades for players out of the league since we're past week 4. We do that each year as they will no longer get updates if out of the league so no risk of summer grades falling or injuries (until they're back in the league on a team at which time we would update them again like all players getting new grade updates).
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 5 simmed. No Thursday night game this week. I haven't updated the many schedule changes from NFL moving of games yet, but just know we'll run the NFL schedule as it happens in reality as they adjust things along the way.