Any Update?

sportznut

Any Update?

Post by sportznut »

I know we have some missing pages and links due to an update that messed things up, but every time I've checked the site in the last week or so, I only see one or two other GMs, and no update from Troy.

So, do we have an idea on when we're going to get moving forward here on our 2021 season? I'm just looking for some sort of timeline, not complaining.

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Shagg

Re: Any Update?

Post by Shagg »

yeah weird I hope Troy is okay? Not sure what is going on
E.G.K
Detroit Lions General Manager-AFFL
MSN Messenger:AFFLDetroitLions@hotmail.com:
YIM: shagg07
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

I was in touch with Troy a week or so ago via Facebook. It seems like the hosting service update caused quite a snafu, but he's definitely working on it.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Aftermath2531

Post by Aftermath2531 »

Well rosters have been updated, so we're moving in the right direction.
Car(DFFL)6-6
'14 5-11
'15 13-3 Div/NFC
'16 13-3 Div
'17 12-4
'18 12-4
'19 9-7
'20 11-5
'21 14-3 Div
Ten(FFFL)8-5
'16 14-2
'17 13-3 Div
'18 12-4 Div
'19 12-4
'20 15-1 Div/SB
'21 14-3 Div
Ten(AFFL)5-1
'19 6-10
'20 11-5 SB
'21 12-5
Cle(CFFL)1-1
'21 11-6
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I appreciate the replies guys, but it doesn't really answer my question.

Are we looking at a month out?

3 months?

I'm just looking for a general idea on an actual time frame, not speculation.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I just realized to that beyond the obvious errors in the chat room, constantly having to sign in, etc, our logos, and signatures are gone too.

Oh boy. This might take awhile.

Too bad we can't just reverse that update.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Aftermath2531 wrote:Well rosters have been updated, so we're moving in the right direction.
Sorry for the delays. Rosters have been updated for 2021, so we will be ready to go once a few things ironed out. Have time tonight and tomorrow to devote to it and hope to have more info soon. I'm not as worried about small things, but there's one last big thing to get working again for league functionality. I don't have a time estimate as it's more a matter of figuring things out, or getting old scripts from ten years ago to work in updated environments today. Trying a lot of things, sometimes it's the 2nd thing you try and sometimes it's the 2,000th thing. While things were down anyway, also trying to do an overall upgrade of systems to prevent future issues and enhance systems. For example, site moved to a higher quality private server that'll help with traffic during busy times.

I'm hoping tomorrow will bring good news with everything upgraded and forum/league tools re-integrated, but also thought that last weekend. Getting close as some issues resolved successfully but one remains. Efforts ongoing. You may see some things break or look odd while I'm in the middle of things. Wasn't really intending for forum posts while upgrading the forum and other systems, and getting everything to work together again for team logins tied for forum accounts. I'll send a mass email around once we're ready again for league check-ins and roster management available for the new season. Thanks for your patience through the technical difficulties.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

PS - spoke with a contract developer who specializes in these issues, and hopefully he can help out in the next couple of days to resolve. Thanks again for your patience.
Shawn B

Post by Shawn B »

I just thought everything looked weird because of my "Canadian Internet" :lol:

I'll keep checking in, 49ers are in it for the long haul
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Quick note and thanks again for your patience as we work through some issues and upgrades.

I think it'll all be for the best with upgraded systems. A lot of our past site was running on decade+ old scripts on very outdated server/platforms, but once the process is concluded things should be in much better shape going forward.

Most of the big issues have been resolved and now just remains applying some of those fixes to all the other scripts. Rosters are still frozen until we open a new league year anyway, but you'll probably notice some links go to pages not updated yet.

We'll send an email and make announcements on the site when things are ready for a new league year's activities to begin. Hopefully soon. I think some things may be turned on this weekend.

Team check-ins for the new league year will be first, along with tagging players and LTCs prior to free agency.

More on those to come soon.