Site Changes

Do you like the site's new look?

Yes!
86%
No (that's okay it's still a work-in-progress)
2%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 50

Goodell

Re: Site Changes

Post by Goodell »

JonC wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:59 am Excellent, thank you Commish!

In years past, we've had a draft pick cost estimate on our team pages as well. That helped me plan for FA spending tremendously. Will that be possible to add before FA begins, by chance?
Yes, that is now on team roster pages. You can check the bottom of the roster page to see the estimated cost for each draft pick based upon rookie salaries + estimated signing bonus based upon a small increase from last year. That's subject to change a little once we get real signings from the draft and start to put in our rookie contracts.

Good advise above. Teams definitely want to keep the cost of their draft picks in mind. If you are short on salary cap space and have costly picks, you may want to consider trading those draft picks for lower less expensive ones or for next year. If you have to pay a lot of rookies, you may also want to reconsider any big free agency signings if you won't have the cap space for big signings and rookies. You may also want to look at trading or cutting big salary players with low/no signing bonuses to create more cap space, or restructure contracts.

Let me know if any questions.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

In the past, if we were on the forum or league page for our league, we'd see an alert for trade offers.

Now, it ONLY shows up on the roster page. This is a big issue if teams go days without checking their roster page.

Anyway we can get this fixed to how it used to be before we hit the draft?

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:45 pm In the past, if we were on the forum or league page for our league, we'd see an alert for trade offers.

Now, it ONLY shows up on the roster page. This is a big issue if teams go days without checking their roster page.

Thanks.
I haven't finished the draft interface pages yet, making sure they are updated to work in this new setup, but my hope at the very least is that trade alerts should be able to pop up there while in draft operations. Possibly other place, but need to work through things for that as part of overall upgrades once all the necessary operations are back up.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:49 pm
sportznut wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:45 pm In the past, if we were on the forum or league page for our league, we'd see an alert for trade offers.

Thanks.
I haven't finished the draft interface pages yet, making sure they are updated to work in this new setup, but my hope at the very least is that trade alerts should be able to pop up there while in draft operations. Possibly other place, but need to work through things for that as part of overall upgrades once all the necessary operations are back up.
Sounds good. Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

In preparation for Wednesday 4/28 morning, the free agency pages have been updated. That's one of the pages that did and still will update you if you get a trade proposal. I'm also putting a test bid through the entire 24 hour process to ensure that things work smoothly in our new setup.

You can't bid yet until 4/28, but you can go to Free Agency and click on player names to go to their bid pages. I've added player news on there so hopefully it's helpful info.

You can also click to BOOKMARK players on their bid page, so that you have a handy list of target players.

Might be a good idea for new players who haven't been through free agency before to get a feel for the interface and tools under the Free Agency link prior to things kicking off. On the bottom of the bid page, there's a bid score test where you can put in potential bids and see if counter offers beat them. It also lists out the free agency bid requirements to keep in mind.

Would also be a good day to double-check if you have any pending free agents you want to LTC, your RFA compensation levels (you can see that at bottom of your team roster and homepage), and let me know if you had any problems with franchise tags, etc.

Once free agency starts and UFAs are getting bids on the market, you no longer can offer them LTCs as other teams are competing for them.

The system will also not allow teams to place free agency bids and spend more money if they are over their caps, so get under if you're not or you can't place bids.

Before you start spending free agency money, also double-check the cost for your draft picks this year (on the team roster page at bottom) and make sure you don't spend so much in free agency that you can't sign your draft picks.

I'll post more on free agency tomorrow, but wanted to let people know about those pages being updated. Let me know if any questions.
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

Goodell wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:41 am Testing out some chat functionality that should be an upgrade from previous chats here. It should show above the forum and can be opened to its own chat page. Should have the ability for users to create rooms (ex. AFFL draft talk, Watching NBA playoffs, etc.) and even private room invites for trade discussions. I think this is probably the best chat integration for this forum, so hopefully it's a good addition but let me know what you think.
Is there a way to hide/turn-off the chat or limit the rooms you see? I assume not by user?
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
JonC

Post by JonC »

When you click on a room, a little doorway with an arrow and a bell symbol show up. The bell controls sound notifications. The doorway lets you leave the room.

It doesn't eliminate it from the side bar, but you don't get notifications.
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

The Lobby is like Hotel California though, "you can check-out any time you like,
but you can never leave!" :lol:
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

True :lol:
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4