Draft Date Preference

What dates for the college draft works for you best?

Thu 5/13 - Sun 5/16
2%
Sat 5/15 - Tues 5/18 (some conflicts noted)
20%
Thu 5/20 - Sun 5/23
59%
Sat 5/22 - Tues 5/25
13%
Thu 6/3 - Sun 6/6
4%
Sat 6/5 - Tues 6/8
No votes
Thu 6/10 - Sun 6/13
No votes
Sat 6/12 - Tues 6/15
2%

Total votes: 46

Goodell

Draft Date Preference

Post by Goodell »

We used to do polls to try to find consensus on the most popular draft date starts, but they usually always turned out the same way. With a new group of people and other factors noted, we'll do another poll to see if some dates pop out as the best for the most people.

It's unfortunate for some, but there's no way we can always find perfect days that work perfectly for 192 different teams across 6 leagues. But we do try to find days that work for the most people as we can.

Our college drafts go for four days. Day 1 is the first round, day 2 is rounds 2-3, day 3 is rounds 4-5, and day 4 finishes up rounds 6-7. Then we start undrafted free agency the following day.

For those new to our drafts, also note that you don't have to be on the draft all day or all four days. All of your team picks have set pick windows that you'll be on the clock. If you want to pick in person, you just have to show up at that scheduled time you'll know about way ahead of time. The draft page should be accessible via mobile devices. Or you can just make sure your draft queue of player rankings is up to date so you get someone you ranked highly that was still available if you can't be there in person for the pick. And if you aren't here in person and don't have any ranked players left, you'll automatically get the highest available player from the NFL draft order.

All the draft dates options are half on the weekend and half on weekdays. There is a big group who prefer weekends and a big group that prefer week days, so we have it half and half. In these options, it's just when the first half of the higher rounds start.

Vote for the dates that work best for you, and hopefully we'll find some times that accommodate the most people and have a great draft.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
jerrydlux

Re: Draft Date Preference

Post by jerrydlux »

Can you add a "no preference" option?

I can make all the dates listed so I'd hate to pick one for really no reason and add to the spread of votes
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

We’ve always started on the weekend. No reason to change it now. Round 1 on a Thursday? No way.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

To be clear, I prefer to start ANY Saturday (except Memorial Day weekend) just like we have since day 1, but no real preference on which Saturday.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
tino38

Post by tino38 »

sportznut wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:47 am To be clear, I prefer to start ANY Saturday (except Memorial Day weekend) just like we have since day 1, but no real preference on which Saturday.
Not all drafts have started on Saturdays. Some have been during the week.
BRFL Saints (31-20) (3-0)
- NFCS Champ: 23’
- NFC Champ: 23’
- SB Champ 23’
AFFL Patriots (97-82) (8-4)
-AFCE Champ: 16', 22’, 23’
-AFC Champ: 22’
-SB Champ: 22’
DFFL Jets - SB Champ 21’ & 22’
FFFL Jets - SB Champ 17’ & 18’
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

jerrydlux wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:23 am Can you add a "no preference" option?

I can make all the dates listed so I'd hate to pick one for really no reason and add to the spread of votes
You could just not vote. Basically same thing.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

tino38 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:50 am
sportznut wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:47 am To be clear, I prefer to start ANY Saturday (except Memorial Day weekend) just like we have since day 1, but no real preference on which Saturday.
Not all drafts have started on Saturdays. Some have been during the week.
I was thinking same thing. I have no draft picks, so doesn't matter to me. But I was thinking we used to start on week day.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

I don’t remember ever being on a weekday but I could certainly be wrong. It’s just that not everyone can draft while they’re supposed to be working, and most of us work Monday through Friday.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
MickeyD

Post by MickeyD »

sportznut wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:02 pm I don’t remember ever being on a weekday but I could certainly be wrong. It’s just that not everyone can draft while they’re supposed to be working, and most of us work Monday through Friday.
I thought I'd be inclined to agree, although that weekend that appears to be winning out so far, I know I'm going away Friday afternoon - Sunday evening and would prefer to start on Thursday so I can guarantee to at least be around for the earlier part of the draft. Maybe as the weather gets better, people are going away on the weekend like me? I don't know lol.
CFFL Bengals
DFFL Vikings
EFFL Giants
- NFC East Champions: 2021
FFFL Eagles
- NFC East Champions: 2021

Who Ya Got Champion: 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

MickeyD wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:26 pm
sportznut wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:02 pm I don’t remember ever being on a weekday but I could certainly be wrong. It’s just that not everyone can draft while they’re supposed to be working, and most of us work Monday through Friday.
I thought I'd be inclined to agree, although that weekend that appears to be winning out so far, I know I'm going away Friday afternoon - Sunday evening and would prefer to start on Thursday so I can guarantee to at least be around for the earlier part of the draft. Maybe as the weather gets better, people are going away on the weekend like me? I don't know lol.
I know what Troy was trying to accomplish here, but now you’re going to have votes scattered over multiple Saturdays (or Thursdays). Unless he plan to combine all those votes, a lot of people’s votes won’t be reflected in the final decision.

Also, if people want to start on a week day, why not Friday? You start on a Thursday, and that also means rounds 2 and 3 are on Friday. If you have no access or limited access on a weekday, you just got shut out the top 3 rounds.

To me, Saturday is the answer, and Ma Friday start is the compromise.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins