Draft Date Preference

What dates for the college draft works for you best?

Thu 5/13 - Sun 5/16
2%
Sat 5/15 - Tues 5/18 (some conflicts noted)
20%
Thu 5/20 - Sun 5/23
59%
Sat 5/22 - Tues 5/25
13%
Thu 6/3 - Sun 6/6
4%
Sat 6/5 - Tues 6/8
No votes
Thu 6/10 - Sun 6/13
No votes
Sat 6/12 - Tues 6/15
2%

Total votes: 46

MickeyD

Re: Draft Date Preference

Post by MickeyD »

The way I read his post is that this is just a feeler to see around what dates people might prefer. I took this as not being a final vote unless something ends up so far ahead.
CFFL Bengals
DFFL Vikings
EFFL Giants
- NFC East Champions: 2021
FFFL Eagles
- NFC East Champions: 2021

Who Ya Got Champion: 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

MickeyD wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:42 pm The way I read his post is that this is just a feeler to see around what dates people might prefer. I took this as not being a final vote unless something ends up so far ahead.
Yeah, you’re probably right.

Bottom line is I’ve always found a way to be live the first 3 rounds, but it might be get online, draft, and leave. Definitely puts a wrench into moving up or down if I can’t be here, but I also get no matter what the date is, you’re not going to have 100% participation.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:35 pm ... Friday start is the compromise.
It's possible we'd do that. Especially if the biggest votes by far were split with a ton of votes for a thursday and an equally large vote for the following saturday to where we'd have a good idea of the best week roughly and with things split we go with the day in the middle there. Just didn't want to put in 100 options with all the days of the week, and the NFL draft starts on a Thursday so it would be mirroring that for the more weekday crowd. Thursday is definitely weekday, Saturday is definitely weekend... Friday can be kind of early weekend for some people so chose day options that were more down the strict weekend vs weekday, but maybe a Friday is a good compromise as you say if it's really split there.

If one time frame was by far the most supported, it make that an easy choice to default to with the most support. If it's much more mixed, we'll take the information (like how many total saturday votes, if total thursdays and total fridays are split equally, etc.) and try to use it to find something that may make sense amongst all the preferences.

It's also possible that after a couple days if things are still very mixed that I wipe the old votes and put in new options zeroing in that are narrowed with more day of the week options around a shorter window of time that got the most support originally.

I don't recall a decade ago, but I saw an old post on here about the 2011 draft here starting on a Monday. Then another about 2012 draft starting on Saturday with the most votes after that. 2013 saw Sunday with the most votes. 2014 back to Saturday most votes. 2015 and 2016 had Friday with the most votes. 2018 and 2019 with Saturday the most votes.

So we'll see if this initial post gives a clear answer. If not, we may just use the inputs to come up with a day that makes sense with the overall responses or create a second poll that's more targeted.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Its all good, Troy. Just giving my opinion on things, whether that ends up being popular or not. I appreciate all you do. Speaking of which, post that donate link again, and I’ll send over some Pesos when I get home. 😁
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

Even though I work Monday-Friday, I've always found it easier on those days. Typically out doing beach on weekends. That said, I voted for Sat. Don't have 1st 3 rd picks anyway :lol: :lol:
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

soonertf wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:30 pm Even though I work Monday-Friday, I've always found it easier on those days. Typically out doing beach on weekends. That said, I voted for Sat. Don't have 1st 3 rd picks anyway :lol: :lol:
Considering your block, that could change in a hurry.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 pm Its all good, Troy. Just giving my opinion on things, whether that ends up being popular or not.
That's definitely what we're looking for, hoping to get most GMs thoughts or at least vote on things.

The other reason I went with Thursday (besides being the NFL draft start day and regular week day) had to do with the conflicts previously posted. If some GMs were gone for Saturday and Sunday without access, for example, perhaps a Thursday made sense to get the higher rounds done before then and then rely upon draft queue for the lower rounds if gone the second half of the draft. In that case for those situations, perhaps a Friday doesn't do as much with those conflicts, but may make more sense on other weeks without noted conflicts.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:08 pm
sportznut wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 pm Its all good, Troy. Just giving my opinion on things, whether that ends up being popular or not.
That's definitely what we're looking for, hoping to get most GMs thoughts or at least vote on things.

The other reason I went with Thursday (besides being the NFL draft start day and regular week day) had to do with the conflicts previously posted. If some GMs were gone for Saturday and Sunday without access, for example, perhaps a Thursday made sense to get the higher rounds done before then and then rely upon draft queue for the lower rounds if gone the second half of the draft. In that case for those situations, perhaps a Friday doesn't do as much with those conflicts, but may make more sense on other weeks without noted conflicts.
Just thinking out loud here, as clearly I can't speak for anyone else. But let's say the polls come in right around 50% for Thursday, and Saturday dates.

If you start Thursday, you have the 1st round Thurs, but rounds 2 and 3 fall on Friday. Those that prefer the weekend start only get the later rounds.

If you manage to compromise to a Friday start, you get 1st round on Friday, and Saturday 2nd and 3rd rounds. That might be best of both worlds. Weekday people get the 1st round, and weekend people get the next two rounds.

Of course, it might not matter if its lopsided in one direction or the other.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Knighty Knight

Post by Knighty Knight »

I'm good with any dates except the 14th - 16th since I will be lost in the redwoods somewhere. I know I am only one person but the 15th - 18th is the absolute worse for me because I will not have connection. Any other conflicts I have, I would be able to make picks live on my mobile device.
Brian Orr
AFFL New York Giants (48-51)(2-2) 2022, 2023 NFC East Champions
BRFL Washington Commanders (10-7)(0-1)
DFFL Miami Dolphins(103-76)(3-5) 2018 AFC East Champions
rpete10

Post by rpete10 »

The big question i have is what time will we start the 1st rd. i think that is going to have a lot to do with if i can manually draft or auto draft
CFFL Tampa Bay
2022 10-7

EFFL DETROIT
2022 11-6