2021 SEASON UPDATE

Goodell

Re: 2021 SEASON UPDATE

Post by Goodell »

Happy Thanksgiving! Week 11 has been simmed.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Too much turkey make sleepy I guess (or busy). Sorry for the delay, but week 12 has been simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 13 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 14 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 15 simmed.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Happy New Year! Week 16 simmed. Depth charts unlocked through Sunday morning. As always, though, you can send in depth chart changes ANY TIME by just sending me a PM for players who haven't played in an upcoming week yet. Hope everyone has a great 2022.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 17 simmed. The regular season ends next week once we sim our version of week 18. Free agency also is closed once the regular season ends, so make any last minute signings this week assuming you have the cap space and roster spots to do so.

LTCs will also close once free agency signings end once we start simming week 18 games next week. So if you have any LTCs left, you have less than a week to use them. However, there are no discounts with LTCs. They aren't cheaper than they would be in the last off-season because it's toward the end of the season. If you sign a LTC of $10M per year for 3 years, it starts immediately and they'd get $10M overall this season too. Any team that signs a LTC without the cap space to do so (and no way to get back under the cap with a contract restructuring of someone else, etc.) will have that LTC reversed.

All teams must be at their roster limits and under salary cap when the season ends (as they should be all year).
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Week 18 has been simmed, and that's a wrap on the regular season! Tomorrow within each league thread, I'll post the post-season matchups and further details. Depth charts are unlocked. Playoff teams make sure to fine tune your lineups for the postseason.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The league championships have been decided. Congratulations to:
  • IND (AFFL) behind elite QB plus maximum grade advantages on defense!
  • TB (BRFL) with a trio of Josh Allen, Jonathan Taylor, and Cooper Kupp!
  • BAL (CFFL) Kyler Murray's a happy-camper here with strong defense and trophy!
  • NYJ (DFFL) Tom Brady walks off with championship!
  • ARI (EFFL) wins it amazingly with 1 second left in overtime!
  • JAC (FFFL) not spectacular but steady with higher grades all-around paves way to win!
Thanks to everyone who played for a great season! I really appreciate it.

Lessons to take, perhaps, are that there are multiple ways to win here. No one player took their team all the way with brilliant NFL playoff performances, but playoff standouts like Josh Allen usually took their teams at least as far as they got. Had KC not scored in those last 13 seconds in reality and then knocked him out, maybe it would have been a different story with teams here with him winning across the board if he continued lighting up the scoreboard.

But one thing you can usually count on is teams with the highest of grades are very tough outs. Sometimes an elite playoff performance can overcome big grade disadvantages, but the highest graded units are consistently reliable. Elite QB play with elite defense is a pretty good formula here and in reality.

I have a long weekend, but once I'm back next week we'll start thinking about off-season rules discussions and looking at GMs for next season. Thanks!