2022 Off-Season Update

bpboguta1483

Re: 2022 Off-Season Update

Post by bpboguta1483 »

Thank you Troy for that info, not an exact science by any means but the process is very interesting.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

2024 draft picks should be able to be traded in the system now. Hope to have 2022 draft picks signed today possibly.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

All last draft picks from rounds 3-7 have now been signed. Rounds 1 and 2 have to be signed manually as teams have cap space to do so. You can't do that quite yet, but should be able to in the next day or two.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

You can now click to sign your 1st and 2nd round picks manually from your team roster.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The regular season is sneaking up on us with just one pre-season game left. I have been updating grades with this year's Madden ratings. I've gotten most of those done but still finishing up some of the mismatches or players with same names or late NFL signings, etc. We'll also still check for players with higher PFF grades and give them a small bonus like last year. In order for a player to have a grade here, they have to have a grade in the new Madden player rankings for this season ( https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/player-ratings ). Give me a day or two to finish up the list for mismatches and finishing up the lower grade checks now, but after that let me know if any of your players has a madden grade but didn't get one here.

We'll be gradually turning on some of the regular season functionality as we approach NFL week 1. The deadline for teams to be down to the 53 man roster is Thursday, September 8th when the NFL kicks off the regular season.

I've recently turned on the ability to cut players to your practice squad, as teams think about whittling down their rosters. Only young players with under 4 years experience can be cut to practice squad and have to clear waivers first. Once on your p-squad, they can still be signed by anyone in free agency as they aren't on your active roster, but you do get some time to match the offer and promote them to your own active roster.

We'll turn on injury list eligibility soon also. You can click the link next to their name once they've been given eligibility based upon NFL transactions.

Other announcements coming as we gear up for the regular season. So start thinking about possible cuts and practice squads, especially as you see NFL teams do their big cuts soon. Also make sure to go over your team depth chart and make sure it's updated for the new season.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

As we see NFL cuts start flooding the news, make sure to do your own cuts to 55-man roster by the kickoff of the first NFL regular season game on Thursday 9/8.

One thing to keep in mind if deciding between a young or veteran player is that veterans with 4 years experience or more have their full salary guaranteed if on the roster on week 1. Sometimes for fringe backup veterans it may make sense to cut them before week 1 and perhaps sign back at prorated unguaranteed salary after our sim regular season is underway if you're not sure about paying them in full.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Are you still working on adding grades for players that don't necessarily match your database?

I have Sauce Gardner (78), but he has no grade yet.

I didn't see where I could submit this to his profile.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/pla ... dner/22260
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
stevebarrett24

Post by stevebarrett24 »

Dan Moore Jr - Steelers OL - 69
DFFL-TITANS 111-17 15-6 126-23
13 10-6 WC (0-1)
14 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP OT
15 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
16 14-2 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
17 15-1 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
18 13-3 DIV CHAMPS 1-1
19 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 3-0 CHAMPS
20 16-0 DIV CHAMPS 2-1 R-UP
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:11 pm Are you still working on adding grades for players that don't necessarily match your database?
Somewhat, but since it was so close to cut deadline I'll go through in more detail once the rosters get a little more solidified and players who make teams perhaps get grades before the season. Have to update teams also before the season for stat uploads.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

As NFL cuts and waivers and practice squad additions are starting to settle down NFL rosters, our sim teams have until September 8th to get our own sim teams to their 55-man roster limits and under salary cap.

Getting things more into regular season mode, I've updated the rosters to not just quote empty roster spot charges for the regular season to teams under 53 players, but now actually charging those empty roster spot charges as they will into the regular season so that all teams are paying 53 players fairly across the board.

We will add an additional contract restructure soon, as teams get an additional one for the regular season when it's very difficult to create cap space otherwise once veteran salaries become guaranteed and players start earning game checks.