FREE AGENCY / DRAFT DATES 2023

What are your preferred options for the start of Free Agency and the Draft?

Free Agency: Sunday AM 4/23
36%
Free Agency: Monday PM 4/24
6%
Free Agency: Thursday PM 4/27 (NFL draft night)
4%
Free Agency: Friday 4/28 PM
2%
Free Agency: Saturday 4/29 PM
4%
Draft: Saturday AM 5/7
24%
Draft: Wednesday PM 5/10
12%
Draft: Saturday AM 5/13
7%
Draft: Saturday AM 6/3
2%
No rush, set later in June
3%

Total votes: 121

bigphil44

Re: FREE AGENCY / DRAFT DATES 2023

Post by bigphil44 »

The mystery that will never be solved. Why do people continuously vote for the draft to start so soon? For the love of God we have all summer to draft.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

bigphil44 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:47 pm The mystery that will never be solved. Why do people continuously vote for the draft to start so soon? For the love of God we have all summer to draft.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the summer means graduations, vacations, and just being outside more often in most regions.

Sure, I could make time for the draft in the summer, but there are far more dates in the summer when I'm not available than in the month of May. Just my .02
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Danny - BRFL Packers

Post by Danny - BRFL Packers »

I also like to do it early because all of this information and excitement is fresh. It makes for a better draft experience
Danny - BRFL Packers

2020 BRFL NFC Champions
21, 22, 23 BRFL NFC North Champ
bigphil44

Post by bigphil44 »

sportznut wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:10 pm
bigphil44 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:47 pm The mystery that will never be solved. Why do people continuously vote for the draft to start so soon? For the love of God we have all summer to draft.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the summer means graduations, vacations, and just being outside more often in most regions.

Sure, I could make time for the draft in the summer, but there are far more dates in the summer when I'm not available than in the month of May. Just my .02
I understand that more of us are busier in the summer; I personally work every day during the summer which is my peak season for work but I will work my schedule around the Fangm Draft.
bigphil44

Post by bigphil44 »

Danny - BRFL Packers wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:35 pm I also like to do it early because all of this information and excitement is fresh. It makes for a better draft experience
True but what follows is 3 long months of nothing. If the draft is in June then that at least makes the time between the end of the draft and start of the season shorter.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

bigphil44 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:02 pm
sportznut wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:10 pm

I understand that more of us are busier in the summer; I personally work every day during the summer which is my peak season for work but I will work my schedule around the Fangm Draft.
The problem is when Troy is trying his best to accommodate everyone's schedule, more people will be busier in the summer then in the next month to 6 weeks. That's just proven year after year. We wouldn't have as much participation in terms of people being LIVE for the actual draft.

Now, mind you, I'm just one person with one vote, but that's how I see it.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

While waiting for the draft until later in summer, by going ahead and conducting FA and the draft earlier allows for people to work out trades prior to the start of the season based on results from the draft. Some would say conducting trades prior to the draft is more important but say my team needs a strong RB but every RB I had listed as a RB to draft gets taken prior to my pick then I can work that out better through post-draft trades.
New FFFL Jacksonville Jaguars GM
DUUUVVVAALLL!!!!
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

there is 200 days until the season starts. We could drag it out and do 2 picks per day all summer long. Gives plenty of time to do trades that way ;)

no im not really in favor of this but we really could slow it down some and not hurt anything
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
tjbarnaba

Post by tjbarnaba »

Royce R wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:40 pm there is 200 days until the season starts. We could drag it out and do 2 picks per day all summer long. Gives plenty of time to do trades that way ;)

no im not really in favor of this but we really could slow it down some and not hurt anything
There is no off season in the BRFL, we're always rolling. Down time is for the free league suckaaas ;)
2023 AFFL Champ
2019 AFFL Champ
2018 CFFL Champ
2018 EFFL Champ
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Royce R wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:40 pm there is 200 days until the season starts. We could drag it out and do 2 picks per day all summer long. Gives plenty of time to do trades that way ;)

I'm now recanting my recommendation for Royce in AFFL. :lol:
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins