2024 RULES: Trade Flagging/Objections

Should trade announcements include the ability for other GMs to object?

No
53%
Yes - if a high level of GMs object, transaction automatically undone.
2%
Yes - if enough GMs object, then commish or committee to manually review if it should be allowed or not.
45%

Total votes: 51

Goodell

2024 RULES: Trade Flagging/Objections

Post by Goodell »

As noted in the GM of the Year poll earlier this off-season, may look into adding some feedback mechanisms on trade transactions. One of those elements could even be the ability to flag trades that you don't believe should be allowed for whatever reason (massively lopsided in unfair manner, overly exploitive of new player or even collusion between GMs or attempts to get around rules, etc.).

I don't really want to be a judge of trades, and since the beginning of league operations I've favored things being run by automated systems over large committees of volunteer league runners governing things. Most of the sim leagues I'm in are like that (understandably so) but I intended for this to be different. I believe the rules should be baked into the roster management tools and everyone should just play equally, not be in subjective judgement or management over other players.

But if the majority of people want some ways to object to trades, we may look at what options we'd have to resolve those processes efficiently that could look into all options. The automated way I think would just be that if objections reached a certain high level of league GMs calling for trade rejection that the system would automatically undo that transaction without subjective arguments or players making judgements on other players and all the conflicts and complications there.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
sportznut

Re: 2024 RULES: Trade Flagging/Objections

Post by sportznut »

I think this should ONLY be an option if a new (inexperienced) GM takes over, and makes a lopsided deal early on. If we're talking about a couple of long time GMs in these leagues, let them make the deals they choose to make.

Same goes for the "newbees," with the caveat that extreme cases could be reversed.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
JonC

Post by JonC »

sportznut wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:36 pm I think this should ONLY be an option if a new (inexperienced) GM takes over, and makes a lopsided deal early on. If we're talking about a couple of long time GMs in these leagues, let them make the deals they choose to make.

Same goes for the "newbees," with the caveat that extreme cases could be reversed.
This.
DFFL Steelers GM: '13-'22
Regular Season Record: 77-85 (.475)
Division Championships: ’13, ’14, ’19
AFC WC Team: ’20

AFFL Bills GM: '20-?
Regular Season Record: 20-30 (.400)

BRFL Chargers GM: '21-?
Regular Season Record: 17-17 (.500)
AFC WC Team: '22
larry linke

Post by larry linke »

Agree

Larry
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Even as a newer guy, I agree with everyone else. Newer guys can get hurt by stupid trades but an experienced guy should know better.
New FFFL Jacksonville Jaguars GM
DUUUVVVAALLL!!!!