Upcoming FA

TylerW

Upcoming FA

Post by TylerW »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4781911

It says if the NFL goes to an uncapped year the years for RFA would be everyone with less than 6 YOS in the league. Now since we still would have a cap would it be the same 4 year rule or will we move it to 6?
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Goodell

Re: Upcoming FA

Post by Goodell »

TylerW wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4781911

It says if the NFL goes to an uncapped year the years for RFA would be everyone with less than 6 YOS in the league. Now since we still would have a cap would it be the same 4 year rule or will we move it to 6?
It's not something I can answer yet. Probably something we want to see what REALLY happens in the NFL (versus possibly happen) and then have an off-season discussion over before starting up our off-season activity during our usual February discussions.

The league fundamentally is setup with trying to maintain "realism" as much as possible over creating new rules and trying to put our GMs in the same shoes as much as possible as real ones. We can't go completely uncapped, though, for example because it's not real money and everyone would spend all the virtual money in the world, and don't know that we will be able to completely revamp our existing systems just to accomodate a temporary change in the NFL, but we'd probably adjust our systems to a long-term shift in the NFL's reality eventually.

Whether someone is a RFA or UFA is a manual change to their status I update in the data anyway, so that might be a small thing that wouldn't really change any of our program scripts that we could go along with reality without too much additional effort generated. But it's something we'd have everyone discuss in the off-season before any conclusions on how much the league goes along with that changing reality.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

Oh yah i know we will deff. have/need a cap. Im just wondering about the RFA year limits on players.
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

Do we know how we are going to handle the cap situation? I know some people inherited some rough situations (such as Dallas) where the real team was planning for the uncapped year and therefor built for a monster salary cap next year. I was wondering if we had any plans to raise the salary cap a little to help with that, or is it still too early to decide this?
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

dinkatoid wrote:Do we know how we are going to handle the cap situation? I know some people inherited some rough situations (such as Dallas) where the real team was planning for the uncapped year and therefor built for a monster salary cap next year. I was wondering if we had any plans to raise the salary cap a little to help with that, or is it still too early to decide this?
Hopefully we know more in terms of reality soon instead of just speculation. And either way, it'll be something up for league discussion and opinion polls in February after the playoffs before any free agency starts later.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Which brings into question, are we going to be starting FA here the same time NFL starts therei FA?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Onyxgem wrote:Which brings into question, are we going to be starting FA here the same time NFL starts therei FA?
Probably a bit later, depending upon off-season rules discussions and if I need to do any changes to existing team management scripts based upon new rules for a new year, etc.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Goodell wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:Which brings into question, are we going to be starting FA here the same time NFL starts therei FA?
Probably a bit later, depending upon off-season rules discussions and if I need to do any changes to existing team management scripts based upon new rules for a new year, etc.
Another ?

When is trading gonig to be opened :)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Onyxgem wrote:
Goodell wrote:
Another ?

When is trading gonig to be opened :)
Probably the same day as FA starts or around the same time. Can't have trading open while rules changes are being discussed because it could impact the value of certain players if rules are altered.

Hopefully something like 2 weeks of discussion and another week to make changes and get database ready for new year and then starting up free agency and trades.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Ok that is cool, was just hoping to get a jump on the offseason, been biting at the bit to get the trades that have been agreed on done over over with to great ready for the Fa period....could it be possible to maybe start opening trading a week before teh FA to get some of those deals processed to give teams ideas where they are at $$ wise?