Player Updates (Retirement, Suspensions, etc.)

larry linke

Player Updates (Retirement, Suspensions, etc.)

Post by larry linke »

Is there a new system to keep injured guys from playing in our league who did not play in the NFL. Last year, I noticed a guy who played against me was "out" for the game. I then noticed that even though he was "out" for the previously three games in the NFL, he also played in those three games in our league with his "A" average counting.

The second part of this thread is about guys being placed on injured reserve in our league who are not on injured reserve in real life.

Larry
Minnesota Vikings
Goodell

Re: Player Updates (Retirement, Suspensions, etc.)

Post by Goodell »

larry linke wrote:Is there a new system to keep injured guys from playing in our league who did not play in the NFL. Last year, I noticed a guy who played against me was "out" for the game. I then noticed that even though he was "out" for the previously three games in the NFL, he also played in those three games in our league with his "A" average counting.

The second part of this thread is about guys being placed on injured reserve in our league who are not on injured reserve in real life.

Larry
Minnesota Vikings
Last year there was very little injury distinction because of the labor involved on a week to week basis. A player was either "OUT" or not, and we could not monitor hundreds of players to know if they played or not (especially non skill position lineman or something) so the standard was the NFL Official Injury Report. If out there on the official list, then out here. If but "questionable" we were not going to check every individual personally. Only OUT counted.

Next year, we won't have just OUT or not, but upload the entire injury report and have the various level (probable, questionable, etc.) that will both effect grades and averaged updates in cases where those used.

http://www.fangm.com/sportstalk/viewtop ... &t=10#p107

When the CFFL league pages created, no team could put a player on IR unless they were marked eligible for that by the league. That is how the scripts are now for all leagues. If a player if eligible to be put on IR (based upon being there in reality only) then a link will appear next to their name on the roster page to click to add them to IR.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office