2010 ENHANCEMENT: Would you use...

What potential functionality should be priorities?

Enhance Team Pages with blogs, announcements, away notification, schedules, team stats, history, archives, articles, etc.
22%
Enhance player pages and build our own player grading system/site with some existing grade influence but going beyond that to control our own player grades.
13%
Improve trade, free agency, or draft tools.
4%
Improve roster management tools and salary cap implications to be less confusing.
4%
Enhance GM experience - hiring coaches or offensive/defensive strategy.
15%
Enhance GM experience - improved media/news functionality (enhanced Bort Report), leaking trade offers, floating rumors, interact with beat reporter questions, putting names out there for trades, etc.
19%
Make sim results more exciting, generate viewing broadcast play-by-play to see game play out in real time.
11%
Add another football league.
2%
Forget football, it's fine -- focus on adding other sports more.
10%
Forget everything else, game simulator needs major overhaul.
No votes

Total votes: 112

Goodell

2010 ENHANCEMENT: Would you use...

Post by Goodell »

If I build it, will they come? I've always wanted to add more functionality here year-by-year but a lot will depend upon how much time I get to devote to things. Let me know which things would be more useful to set priorities.

There are definitely some things I need to get to before any enhancements (most importantly accurate roster management estimates on transactions, published rules outside of message threads, and some game sim improvements), but this is a chance for suggestions and what possible enhancements on my radar should be prioritized according to the participants.

My schedule and other projects I want to look at may influence this much more than the poll, but if and when there is time to work on this project this summer it would be good to know what most GMs would welcome.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Jared A

Re: 2010 ENHANCEMENT: Would you use...

Post by Jared A »

I wish I could check them all! :)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I wish I could do them all... maybe someday.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

I've always thought that blogs and other team features would be great ideas!
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL
Joe

Post by Joe »

My only 2010 enhancement would be Baltimore winning the AFFL championship!!! But, I guess thats kind of up to me ;)

Seriously, I like the team pages with updates, history, etc...
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

Any of those would be great. With 3 leagues now I think we should focus on bettering the leagues instead of adding more and more leagues.

Adding more in depth game (or sim) play would be a very nice touch.
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

Yeah I would like the to be able to see that my game was simmed and click on it, then see the play by play and at the end see if I won or loss. I think that would make it a little more exciting then just clicking on the scores page and seeing the final score.

Maybe a day or two after all the scores have been posted, update it to show the final score for all the games so everyone can see instead having to go into every game to see the final score.

Just a thought.
Alex S

AFFL - Cleveland Browns 27-21-1
CFFL - Carolina Panthers 20-12-1
Overall - 47-33-2 (.573 win%)
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Alex S wrote:Yeah I would like the to be able to see that my game was simmed and click on it, then see the play by play and at the end see if I won or loss. I think that would make it a little more exciting then just clicking on the scores page and seeing the final score.

Maybe a day or two after all the scores have been posted, update it to show the final score for all the games so everyone can see instead having to go into every game to see the final score.

Just a thought.

agreed. This would also make more people "watch" the games. Which I believe would help find more glitches and keep the sim in top notch shape.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

Alex S wrote:Yeah I would like the to be able to see that my game was simmed and click on it, then see the play by play and at the end see if I won or loss. I think that would make it a little more exciting then just clicking on the scores page and seeing the final score.

Just a thought.
Great stuff Alex. I'm for it. I also agree with Royce about more people 'watching' the games if something like this were available.
Kind of embarrassing I guess, or at best ocd, I spent about a week drafting out the whole league on my madden game at home so I could play it out. It was a pain in the ass, but well worth it for combining two of my favorite pastimes. And certainly no more embarrassing than when I have to change my username to Admiral_Ackbar_fan pretty soon...
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

Also, a couple of things I would like to see discussed for the upcoming season are -
- holdouts & contract disputes
My understanding now is that we assume our league to be an alternate reality where contract issues & holdouts don't take place. I'm inclined to think it's more realistic to keep it real. I'd just like to see what everyone else has to say about it.
= seperate blocking/receiving skills for tight ends, etc.
The Algee Crumpler problem, where he's not even a decent receiver, but if he's blocking, you couldn't ask for a better TE... I'm pretty sure madden on ps3 has 2 separate grades for pass blocking / run blocking, so I think this one is doable, and worth pursuing. Maybe an average of the 2, so we could have 1 'blocking' grade. I'm sure some of you guys have a better idea we can run with.
That's all I can think of at the moment, though it seems like there was supposed to be another.
Anyhow, I'm thrilled to be involved with this league & I'd like to thank everyone for being as fanatical about it as I am. Troy, you are the bomb & I hope this site makes you crazy rich some day. Thanks for all the work you put into it! Also, I'd like to say that any sort of rule-change or procedural tweaking would make it more fun & easy for you, I'm for it.
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"