2010 RULES: RFA/UFA

Should we go along with uncapped NFL change to more restricted free agents?

Yes - in the spirit of keeping things real, there are hundreds more RFAs on the market this year in reality so we should also. This is one of the new reality elements that is easy to incorporate. Players with under 6 years experience would be restricted free agents and players over 6 years would be unrestricted just like NFL now.
40%
No - the NFL is uncapped and we are not. We shouldn't institute these small temporary changes due to labor disputes in this odd year. Keep RFA requirement for young playes only with 3 years or less and UFA for 4 years or more.
60%

Total votes: 42

Onyxgem

Re: 2010 RULES: RFA/UFA

Post by Onyxgem »

Goodell wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:I guess i thought anybody who was coming off their rookie contracts were actually guys who got the RFA option??
It's always been determined in NFL (and here trying to mirror that) I believe by the years of experience. The vote was for to continue with 3 years experience and younger being RFA.

Brandon Marshall is coming off his rookie contract in the NFL. He wouldn't have been RFA under the old NFL rules, but was set to be a UFA until the uncapped year happened. He's only a RFA this year because of the uncapped changes which this league voted to not go along with. Otherwise we would have had more RFAs just like the NFL (anyone under 6 years) but that was voted down.
Got it guess i was mis reading that part, i thought even the NFL was always coming off rookie contracts reguardless...no biggy just thought it was different...makes me wish i made some trades over the season that were offered but oh well.

Now really hope we open up trading soon :)