Open Teams - New GMs for 2010

Goodell

Open Teams - New GMs for 2010

Post by Goodell »

If you click the "openings" link at the top, you'll always get an updated list of which teams are open and which are at-risk for potential GM replacement. I've made a last ditch effort to contact GMs who have at-risk franchises about their team being transferred to a replacement GM if they didn't check-in by this weekend. http://www.fangm.com/openings.php

KC in CFFL was the one team that officially told me they wouldn't be back. I've put in a replacement GM there. None of the potential new GMs listed KC as a preference and dinkatoid initially signed up last year in hopes of being in the CFFL to battle a brother-in-law and has been looking to get into that league but didn't have a spot last year when he signed up. Coming off a DFFL championship, hopefully he can do some good things with a big challenge in KC and he was excited about trying to turn that around.

Two new GMs who have been in contact with me (still waiting on some others to follow through) are Ulrich82 and dale358z. Unless I hear from the respective GMs soon, Ulrich82 will take over TB in DFFL (or SF in CFFL) and dale358z will have TEN in DFFL (or NYJ in CFFL). There is at least another guy who told me he's interested but hasn't responded with team preferences, and some other players I've been referred to by other existing GMs and they signed up before and even posted on waiting list, but haven't responded to emails or PMs about getting a team now. If you know a new player who wants a team and registered here, let them know to contact me ASAP. I sent out dozens of emails but few responses from people who previously registered and expressed interest in a team at that time but no openings until now after GM check-in results.

According to the GM check-in, these franchises have GMs with multiple teams who might be willing to give up to a new GM. NYG CFFL and HOU CFFL.

Pajldriver, RyanM, RebelFan (cffl), redsoxfan31x21, Ulrich82, sportman13, DavidK, csteder37, Strategist (affl), paulco (dffl) and soonertf are existing GMs who have expressed interest in another team in another league going off the check-in notes and/or recent conversations. May be other GMs but haven't going through older messages yet sorry.

If I missed anyone just let me know.
Last edited by Goodell on Sun May 15, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Dustin S.

Re: Open Teams - New GMs for 2010

Post by Dustin S. »

I posted on one of the threads as well as the wait list about taking over a team in CFFL and/or DFFL....
AFFL Philadelphia Eagles GM
2008- 10-6, 0-1
2009- 6-10
2010- 10-6
2011- 12-4, 1-1
2012- 7-9
CFFL Arizona Cardinals GM
2010- 8-8
2011- 5-11
2012- 9-7
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

New GM Ulrich82 has been put in controls of SF in the CFFL.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

New GM splitsinker has been put in controls of OAK in the DFFL.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

New GM djmixer30 has been put in controls of the Jets in the CFFL.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

New GM dale358z has been put in controls of TEN in DFFL. We had a lot of new GMs interested in the Titans who were Titan fans but didn't get involvement in the process from some applicants or participation in the tie-breaker won by dale358z.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

In a closest to the pin tie-breaker question tonight, these existing GMs with one team have been given another.

tkienast - MIA DFFL
strategist - NYG CFFL
Dustin S. - ARI CFFL
dhaeman - HOU DFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Texas Repeat has been put in controls for TB of DFFL after contacting the former GM and them not having time to be involved currently.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

csteder37 has been put in controls for OAK of CFFL.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

retireddevil has been put in controls for Chicago of DFFL.