Waiver System Details

What waiver wire details should be implemented?

Make the list of claiming teams private so nobody sees who else has put in a claim.
26%
Make the list of claiming teams public to keep things open so everybody knows who should get the player and no mystery.
14%
Option to remove a claim before the 48 hours is up in case a team's situation has changed or done more research on the player.
11%
No option to revoke your claim, if you change your mind and win there is no SB hit so just cut the player and he'll go through waivers again.
21%
Need a different way of being presented with players placed on waivers to claim.
3%
Listed on homepage transactions with claim link is good.
26%

Total votes: 66

Goodell

Waiver System Details

Post by Goodell »

I put the new waiver wire system up pretty quickly and still working out some of the details. While I am polishing that up, wondering about what most GMs think how it should work while it is still under construction.

This applies to any player cut who has under 4 years experience. They don't become free agents automatically anymore but hit the waiver wire for 48 hours. If unclaimed in that time, they become unrestricted free agents. If claimed, the claiming team (worst record last year decides who has highest claim, and current standings in mid-season after week 4) takes over the player's existing contract for salary and roster bonuses. To claim a player now, keep an eye on Bort Report transactions on the league homepage and eligible players will have a (claim) link after their name. That's working but not entirely complete yet, so let me know your preferences on details to finish it. thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office