FA Start Date

Any preference on when we start free agency?

Wednesday March 24
28%
Thursday March 25
13%
Friday March 26
10%
Saturday March 27
18%
Sunday March 28
8%
Monday March 29
23%
April Fools Thurs April 1
No votes
Monday April 5
No votes

Total votes: 39

Goodell

Re: FA Start Date

Post by Goodell »

Adam K wrote:
Royce R wrote:I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in some way to "flag" a player.

There is so many FA out there to look at. It would be nice IMO if there was a way to flag them. So they are on your watch list or something. Maybe its a dumb idea but would be nice way to sort. Its difficult to always have to look up players by different categories to find them. If I could flag 10-15 players then it would be much easier.

Maybe this would be hard to implement. But first I would like to know if anyone else feels this would be useful to do.
It could also be nice to have a clock notifying you when you will receive one or more of your bids back...just a thought...no biggie
There should already be. On the right column on the free agency page it should list your bids in the past 24 hours as well as a number next to them in minutes until your bid is renewed again. I can work on formatting it more into hours, minutes, etc. Each bid should also have a date and time associated with it. So it's somewhat there on the right column on the free agency page but could be polished more. Let me know if you don't see it. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

It should also be working now for you to be able to lower the compensation you are requiring. You just click on the name of your tagged player in free agency and it will tell you that you can't bid on your own tagged players but can lower the asking price by clicking on of the options there.

That's mostly for franchised tagged guys now. So if you are coming to an agreement for some other compensation with another team going to bid on them, make sure you adjust the compensation to a value consistent with the compensation you are now going to be accepting so that other teams can fairly bid and give the player a fair contract. Agreements to an alternative compensation that is vastly differerent from what was made known to other clubs may be subject to the offer-sheet being voided and player put back on the market.

That'll also be good for RFAs once I load the NFL draft round in there for the guys with original designated hopefully later today.
Adam K

Post by Adam K »

Goodell wrote:
Adam K wrote:
Royce R wrote:I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in some way to "flag" a player.

There is so many FA out there to look at. It would be nice IMO if there was a way to flag them. So they are on your watch list or something. Maybe its a dumb idea but would be nice way to sort. Its difficult to always have to look up players by different categories to find them. If I could flag 10-15 players then it would be much easier.

Maybe this would be hard to implement. But first I would like to know if anyone else feels this would be useful to do.
It could also be nice to have a clock notifying you when you will receive one or more of your bids back...just a thought...no biggie
There should already be. On the right column on the free agency page it should list your bids in the past 24 hours as well as a number next to them in minutes until your bid is renewed again. I can work on formatting it more into hours, minutes, etc. Each bid should also have a date and time associated with it. So it's somewhat there on the right column on the free agency page but could be polished more. Let me know if you don't see it. Thanks
Gotcha...I was under the impression that those minutes referred to when the winning bid would become official...no need to make a change
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Adam K wrote:Gotcha...I was under the impression that those minutes referred to when the winning bid would become official...no need to make a change
Kinda for both... if nobody outbids you that's when the signing would be official. You'd also get a new bid too once that signing went through. But if somebody does outbid you it should tell you that there as well as still having a minutes left until it was renewed.

Glad you brought it up because some of the new GMs may not know about that there. thanks
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

There appears to be a problem with the newly signed player's salaries. All salaries show $0 for 2010 for newly acquired players.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hey Ive got cap issues already, Ive got no problem with that!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

Ben C. wrote:There appears to be a problem with the newly signed player's salaries. All salaries show $0 for 2010 for newly acquired players.
Yeah it had to do with putting in partial season calculations in the middle of last year and it was trying to do that now for 0 games leading to 0/17 for 0 x salary = 0. I am working to correct. thanks
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Goodell wrote:It should also be working now for you to be able to lower the compensation you are requiring. You just click on the name of your tagged player in free agency and it will tell you that you can't bid on your own tagged players but can lower the asking price by clicking on of the options there.

That's mostly for franchised tagged guys now. So if you are coming to an agreement for some other compensation with another team going to bid on them, make sure you adjust the compensation to a value consistent with the compensation you are now going to be accepting so that other teams can fairly bid and give the player a fair contract. Agreements to an alternative compensation that is vastly differerent from what was made known to other clubs may be subject to the offer-sheet being voided and player put back on the market.

That'll also be good for RFAs once I load the NFL draft round in there for the guys with original designated hopefully later today.

I'm trying to do this but can't seem to see any options to select.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Troy, since I seem to be the only dumbass that is putting too many zeros in my bids, what about adding commas to the actual bids?
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
larry linke

Post by larry linke »

I'll join the to many zeroes in a bid group, sorry (Fred Robbins). I will release him and leave him on the market for a couple of days before placing a new bid.

Larry
Minnesota AFFL