FA Start Date

Any preference on when we start free agency?

Wednesday March 24
28%
Thursday March 25
13%
Friday March 26
10%
Saturday March 27
18%
Sunday March 28
8%
Monday March 29
23%
April Fools Thurs April 1
No votes
Monday April 5
No votes

Total votes: 39

sportznut

Re: FA Start Date

Post by sportznut »

The CFFL Lions have zero RFAs, and zero UFAs that deserve any tags. We are good to go.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

I've changed my vote to tomorrow to reflect the fact we can't start today.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Smooth Glitch

Post by Smooth Glitch »

No franchise or transistion tags to report in St. Louis.
Houston Texans AFFL
Reg. season: 91-87 (51.1%)
2012: 8-8
2013: 10-6
2014: 8-8
2015: 12-4 Playoffs:1-1
2016: 9-7
2017: 2-14
2018: 5-11
2019: 8-8
2020: 12-4
2021: 7-10
2022: 10-7 Playoffs 0-1
AFC South Champ: 2015
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Guys, everyone gets 24 hours to place a bid, or counter. I guess I'm not sure why any day is an issue outside of being out of town.

I'm open to any day b/c I can get to a computer within 24 hours, but certainly I'd prefer the weekends over anything else. I will say though that I will be quite busy on Sunday.

It shouldn't matter though.

If you're home, you can get to the computer, and make your bids in under 5 minutes.

That is, if you're prepared.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

I guess the reason some people wanted to wait till monday like myself is i will be gone friday night and not get back till Sunday night and have zero pc access all weekend.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Onyxgem wrote:I guess the reason some people wanted to wait till monday like myself is i will be gone friday night and not get back till Sunday night and have zero pc access all weekend.
Yeah, it does seem like some who are speaking up won't be around this weekend.

I still think that unless you're in a cave, you could probably find a way to get access for 5 minutes.

I'm not saying its ideal, but if that's what the majority wanted, my guess is you're going to find your way to a computer as well.

I know most hotels have a computer in the lobby area for example.

I'm cool with starting on any day though.

It doesn't matter to me. Just that the weekend is a preference b/c I don't know my schedule from day to day right now, but I know I have Sundays off.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

I wish that were true, but we will be out in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Going on a late, very late hunting trip with a bunch of guys...all BS and beer's all weekend long..
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

We'll try to group some of these options together that make sense to get a general concensus. Votes for today or tomorrow are people wanting a more immediate start. Then there will be some weekend people. Then some monday start people. And maybe some later in April people.

If no conclusion reached today we can probably leave the default of the originally penciled Friday start and do it as I mentioned when Saturday was once ahead with a late friday start so hopefully people who were away saturday and much of sunday could still get in an early saturday bids (friday night or by PMing it to me anytime before then) and also a sunday bids when they got back and not miss any days really.

And if most think it's time to go now and I can do a couple last minute tweaks today and more GMs on board with an earlier start, we'll try to make that happen and at least have a couple more early days for the people who are going to miss significant time later.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
chiefbrody

Post by chiefbrody »

Onyxgem wrote:I wish that were true, but we will be out in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Going on a late, very late hunting trip with a bunch of guys...all reach arounds and beer's all weekend long..
Fixed.
Denver Broncos - AFFL
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Something we should strive for next year, is set a date for free agency for 2011 six months in advance. Draft date... tags due.

I know it won't be the same as real life, and I know we need time. But, we could say April 1st is the first day of free agency every year... then at least people know it.