FA Start Date

Any preference on when we start free agency?

Wednesday March 24
28%
Thursday March 25
13%
Friday March 26
10%
Saturday March 27
18%
Sunday March 28
8%
Monday March 29
23%
April Fools Thurs April 1
No votes
Monday April 5
No votes

Total votes: 39

Goodell

FA Start Date

Post by Goodell »

It is possible to get free agency started as soon as Wednesday. Probably wouldn't have all the player database updated (position cleaned up, make sure everybody on NFL roster here too) but could at least add players sent to me to add and get it going and then work on cleaning things up more while it's ongoing.

I penciled in Friday for the start (and hoping maybe a day or two earlier) but sounds like many will be gone this weekend and looking for Monday start. The one conflict I knew about was Nathan mentioning being out possibly from 3/31-4/6 and wanting to get it going sooner than later.

For those new to the system, once we turn free agency on it stays on until next year's regular season is over. Any player on the market could be signed any day from start of free agency throughout the year. A player is signed once a bid placed on his is unmatched for 24 hours. Teams get 5 bids every 24 hours. If you have a restricted free agent or tagged player, there is a 48 hour window to evaluate the offer-sheet and decide if you want to match or not.

If a GM is going to be away for more than a day, they can also send me a list of instructions to put into the system for them.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Re: FA Start Date

Post by Goodell »

So looking like 3 main groups early almost equally split. Some wednesday, some saturday, and some monday.

One possibility if Saturday remains ahead (as it is barely right now as I type) would be to open it up saturday as the clock strikes midnight (so friday late night going into saturday) and people who were going to be away for most of the weekend could maybe get in initial bids late friday night or early saturday morning before leaving and also sunday night perhaps when they returned without really missing a beat getting in saturday and sunday bids. Or also could send me your inital saturday bids to place into the system as free agency starts if you couldn't be there.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

I'm leaving town very early in the morning on Saturday. If free agency was to open at 12 AM that would be awesome, Commish. I get my bids in before I left.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

lol. I'm the only person who voted for thursday. Don't really know why i picked thursday, but wednesday or sunday or whatever would be fine as well. I'm actually out of town now, but the notebook and iphone will get me by until I get back around the homefront. I can't wait!
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
Bryan H

Post by Bryan H »

I'm leaving town on Friday and won't have access thru Sunday afternoon. My tough luck if you guys want to start on the weekend, and if that is the vote I'll deal with it. But it sure would be nice to start at the beginning of the work week where it is likely that most folks will be in town and around a computer for the first five consecutive days of free agency. Just my $0.02.
redsoxfan31x21

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

I'm leaving next ghursday for a week in florida so I doubt I'll be on so to be honest I don't think waiting for a couple weeks till everyones spring break is over wouldn't be a bad idea
Franchise Record - 47-39 (3-3 playoffs)
'10 - 12-4 - AFC West Champs - 1-1 Playoffs
'11 - 14-2 - AFC West Champs - #1 AFC seed - 1-1 Playoffs - AFC Title Loss
'12 - 11-5 - AFC Wild Card - 1-1 playoffs
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11
TylerW

Post by TylerW »

redsoxfan31x21 wrote:I'm leaving next ghursday for a week in florida so I doubt I'll be on so to be honest I don't think waiting for a couple weeks till everyones spring break is over wouldn't be a bad idea
redsoxfan you have to remember theres only a hand full of people in this league still getting spring breaks (mine already passed).
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

I'm on the road. Internet will be hit and miss until Monday.
Dustin S.

Post by Dustin S. »

i would love to start this all as soon as possible, but the people who are most vocal around here won't be availble until monday, and its close enough of a vote that it shouldn't matter... I personally voted for friday, but then figured its not fair to everyone, so we should push it back til monday. and i'm fine wit that, i'm on spring break starting friday,
AFFL Philadelphia Eagles GM
2008- 10-6, 0-1
2009- 6-10
2010- 10-6
2011- 12-4, 1-1
2012- 7-9
CFFL Arizona Cardinals GM
2010- 8-8
2011- 5-11
2012- 9-7
Nathan S.

Post by Nathan S. »

I've gone Friday-Sunday night than Wednesday-following Wednesday. I missed it last year. Would suck to again...
GM Tampa Bay Buccaneers - AFFL