FA Start Date

Any preference on when we start free agency?

Wednesday March 24
28%
Thursday March 25
13%
Friday March 26
10%
Saturday March 27
18%
Sunday March 28
8%
Monday March 29
23%
April Fools Thurs April 1
No votes
Monday April 5
No votes

Total votes: 39

Goodell

Re: FA Start Date

Post by Goodell »

Nathan S. wrote:I've gone Friday-Sunday night than Wednesday-following Wednesday. I missed it last year. Would suck to again...
There's not much time to fit a day in there. And not one single vote from anybody for starting late in April. What day did you vote for then if nobody voted for the latest options into April?

The lead keeps changing... monday into the lead now.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
whteshark

Post by whteshark »

I switched because I would rather see Monday than Saturday.
Regular Season: 161-79-1
Playoff Appearances: 10 of 16
Division Titles: 9
Conference Titles: 5
Playoffs: 17-7
AFFL Bowls: 3-2

AFFL Bowl I Winner
AFFL Bowl IV Winner
AFFL Bowl VIII Winner
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

I voted for today because I think we should get started as soon as possible. There will always be somebody who has a conflict of some sort.

However, the system is built to allow for conflicts. A player is on the market for a minimum of 24 hours. Typically it ends up being a couple of days before a player is signed. If you've put a franchise/transition tag on someone, you have an additional 48 hours to make a decision. Restricted players are similar.

In this day and age I find it difficult to believe that there are so many people who would travel and not have access to the internet at least once a day. Even in that rare situation, you can send Troy a note regarding your more important free agents with rules as to what to do.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

I voted for Monday, but i would not have a problem with it if we started today either really.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Wow... a bunch of people switched their votes from Monday.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Yes it does look like alot have changed their votes...but if we are going to start it today it needs to get started IMHO.
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Has everyone set their tags yet though? Last time I checked we were still waiting on quite a few of them.
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

Dan M wrote:Has everyone set their tags yet though? Last time I checked we were still waiting on quite a few of them.
I think people who haven't set their tags should PM Goodell or something because maybe they decided not to tag any players!
Alex S

AFFL - Cleveland Browns 27-21-1
CFFL - Carolina Panthers 20-12-1
Overall - 47-33-2 (.573 win%)
Joe

Post by Joe »

Isnt the deadline for tags Friday? Dont know for sure, but I thought it was.
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

That was tentative deadline and hopefully if we could round everybody up sooner and get all teams filled (as they are now) and everybody ready maybe get going sooner.
Alex S wrote:I think people who haven't set their tags should PM Goodell or something because maybe they decided not to tag any players!
I haven't yet, but will soon look through the teams without any RFA/tags and contact those who do have RFAs or top 10 guys to make sure they know about the time to tag being now. For teams with no RFAs and and no guys to tag (my team I know just had one RFA) I won't need to contact and will know they are good to go. I haven't checked each team yet because too many teams before, but as we get closer there are less of them to go over and contact now.

We got hit with another blizzard last night and it took me 2.5 hours to get home and when I left today wasn't ahead in the polls and probably would have had to have been earlier for me to really ramp up for a start today last night. The soonest we could probably start would be tomorrow now.

I have a long meeting upcoming this morning so we'll give the poll a little more time today to see if most people want an more immediate start (in which case I'll work this afternoon and tonight to have it turned on as soon as I can if we can also get all the other GMs rounded up and ready -- probably tomorrow morning at this rate if most are going to a start now) or later.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office