FA Start Date

Any preference on when we start free agency?

Wednesday March 24
28%
Thursday March 25
13%
Friday March 26
10%
Saturday March 27
18%
Sunday March 28
8%
Monday March 29
23%
April Fools Thurs April 1
No votes
Monday April 5
No votes

Total votes: 39

Goodell

Re: FA Start Date

Post by Goodell »

Jared A wrote:Something we should strive for next year, is set a date for free agency for 2011 six months in advance. Draft date... tags due.

I know it won't be the same as real life, and I know we need time. But, we could say April 1st is the first day of free agency every year... then at least people know it.
Yeah, I would agree. Especially with the draft as that is always right around the real draft but we have such a diversity of people with computer jobs and without and those who have more time on the weekdays versus weekends.

Free agency is a little different because of the varying degree of rules discussions that might either involve no changes or a ton of changes. But it would be ideal, yeah. I tried to set a date for friday a while back but then encountered a lot of feedback as it approached. Tried to get some date conflict information in the check-in process but only knew of Nathan's time away before this week.

Scheduling does become a mess with so many people and such diversity, and I would like to avoid that in the future and everybody just knows when it starts. I think we can get there with the draft eventually and maybe free agency too some time despite a lot of work needing to happen (and sometimes different amounts of work from year to year) before we can get rosters setup for a new season.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

The most votes were for a start sooner than later, so let's get things going.

Free Agency will start today (Thursday March 25) at 5pm ET.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE GONE FOR MORE THAN 48 HOURS DURING ANY PART OF FREE AGENCY:

Send Goodell a PM on the forum with instructions while you are away. If you give me a set of bids I can put those into the system for you. The more detailed your instructions (ex. Player X $1M - but you can go as high as $1.5M if he already has bids) the more I can try to put in your intentions and minimize your time away. As we did last year also in a few cases, I can also not allow bids on your team's UFAs during a time while you are away -- if you contact me directly by PM and be gone more than 24 hours for bidding plus 48 hours for matching window). If you leave offer-sheet matching instructions also be as specific as you can so I can implement what you're wanting.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Troy, in the past you had an estimated cost up there for everyone's draft picks.

Any chance you could get that going again in the near future?

That could become helpful.

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote:Troy, in the past you had an estimated cost up there for everyone's draft picks.

Thanks.
Yeah, to set the draft order completely I need to have the compensatory picks in there too. I gathered what I need for that so hope to have a draft order and the estimate from those slots listed on the roster pages as before in the next day or two.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:
sportznut wrote:Troy, in the past you had an estimated cost up there for everyone's draft picks.

Thanks.
Yeah, to set the draft order completely I need to have the compensatory picks in there too. I gathered what I need for that so hope to have a draft order and the estimate from those slots listed on the roster pages as before in the next day or two.
Excellent. Thanks as always.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in some way to "flag" a player.

There is so many FA out there to look at. It would be nice IMO if there was a way to flag them. So they are on your watch list or something. Maybe its a dumb idea but would be nice way to sort. Its difficult to always have to look up players by different categories to find them. If I could flag 10-15 players then it would be much easier.

Maybe this would be hard to implement. But first I would like to know if anyone else feels this would be useful to do.
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
tkienast

Post by tkienast »

I was actually thinking the same thing tonight while I was deciding which of the guys I finally put a bid on tonight. I'd like something like that too.

Tracy
PIT GM CFFL 08-14
SB Chp -10,14
AFC N Chp - 08-10,13,14
WC - 11
08-11: 11-5, 15-1, 14-2, 10-6
12-14: 9-7, 12-4, 12-4
09: lost AFC Ch NE 23-20
10: won SB 24-7 vs NO
11: lost AFC Ch NE 21-20
14: won SB 32-20 vs DAL
Record: 83-29 (12-4 playoff) 2 SB Titles
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

That would help...

I actually created an excel sheet to keep track of all my bids.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Royce R wrote:I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in some way to "flag" a player.

There is so many FA out there to look at. It would be nice IMO if there was a way to flag them. So they are on your watch list or something. Maybe its a dumb idea but would be nice way to sort. Its difficult to always have to look up players by different categories to find them. If I could flag 10-15 players then it would be much easier.

Maybe this would be hard to implement. But first I would like to know if anyone else feels this would be useful to do.
Yeah, that's a good idea and I think both useful and not terribly difficult. I'll try to look into that soon. thanks
Adam K

Post by Adam K »

Royce R wrote:I would like to know if anyone else would be interested in some way to "flag" a player.

It could also be nice to have a clock notifying you when you will receive one or more of your bids back...just a thought...no biggie