Draft Day 2010

Do you have a draft preference?

Friday 4/23 Draft Day (after NFL round 1 over)
15%
Saturday 4/24 Draft Day (after NFL round 1-3 over)
22%
Sunday 4/25 Draft Day (after entire NFL draft over)
1%
Monday 4/26 Draft Day (after entire NFL draft over)
8%
SPEED: SLOW - Same as last year - 20 min windows round 1-2, 15 min windows round 3-7 with one round per day.
21%
SPEED: FASTER - Keep time windows but speed up - 15 min round 1-2, 10 min round 3-7.
19%
Go back to the old system of clock re-set for all picks throughout draft (less certainty over when you're on the clock with no time window set).
2%
Mixed format with round 1 on the clock (timer re-set after each pick like NFL draft), and then move to time windows for rounds 2-7.
13%

Total votes: 96

Onyxgem

Re: Draft Day 2010

Post by Onyxgem »

Do you know what time you are going to turn the draft on Friday?
Adam K

Post by Adam K »

Onyxgem wrote:Do you know what time you are going to turn the draft on Friday?
I think that it is up right now.
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

Adam K wrote:
Onyxgem wrote:Do you know what time you are going to turn the draft on Friday?
I think that it is up right now.
It's working for teams to put players into their queue but the first overall picks aren't able to select just yet. I have a meeting this morning, so probably this afternoon. I'll post an actual time when I know I can do that. I need to be around at the beginning to make sure no problems or that I could fix quickly. thanks
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

The draft should be turned on now for teams at the top if they want to make their picks manually tonight. Only #1 overall can enter a selection, and doesn't have to until their draft time window is up tomorrow at 10:20AM, but once #1 make their pick tonight then #2 can make their pick if they wish, etc. The system should prompt you when you are on the clock to select a player from your queue.

Let me know if any problems with picking. thanks.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

let's rock and roll!
Joe

Post by Joe »

Your Team: BAL (affl)

ERROR: Selection already marked for this pick (Sanchez, Mark (QB - Southern Cal) 1), contact Goodell if you have received this in error so that it can be fixed. If you cannot manually pick a player for some reason in the meantime, just make sure the player you want is at the top of your queue list.
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

Mark Sanchez, huh? Sounds like a 2009 in there I hadn't updated to 2010. Try again, should be fixed now. thanks
Joe

Post by Joe »

Were good!
Joe Militzer
Baltimore Ravens GM Affl
Cleveland Browns GM Cffl
Minnesota Vikings GM Dffl
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Made it through the drafts (first time all 3 leagues drafting at the same time) without too many major issues.

I will add the undrafted free agents to the free agency tool on Sunday.

None of our drafted players are signed yet. That will start happening in July, once we start to see real NFL rookie contracts being reported and can look to see if we need to tweak ours a bit from last year to keep up with reality as intended. I'll automatically start signing players from the 7th round first starting then, and teams need to have cap space for those rookies to be signed. Rookies who cannot be signed with the cap space remaining will be holdouts and could re-enter the draft next year if unsigned.

As the drafted players are without contract now, you can trade their rights without any salary cap implications up until they are signed (at which time then they'll have some kind of signing bonus).

If you don't want a player who was drafted, you can cut them before they are signed in July.

June 1st is the next big date for the leagues. At that point, all roster bonuses listed (RB column) will be paid. Even if you trade or cut a player after 6/1, that roster bonus will stay against your cap all year as money you've paid against this year's cap. Those RB figures already count against your listed cap total but after 6/1 there will be no way to subtract the RB amount.

We will update the rookie grades and general player grade update when there is a publication of the overall grades by Madden.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Undrafted players from the draft player pool have now been moved to free agency. There are probably other undrafted players of interest that teams may want to sign and I'll try to add those in, but in the meantime teams can also contact me via PM to add eligible individuals. I'll try to catch up on some of my saved messages now that the draft is over. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office