Madden 2010 Ratings

yaddleme

Re: Madden 2010 Ratings

Post by yaddleme »

Keith Bullock - ROLB - 85 (CFFL Bengals)
Chester Pitts - LG - 80 (CFFL Bengals)
Shayne Graham - K - 83 (CFFL Bengals)

Randy Thomas - RG - 83 (AFFL Redskins)
T. McKenzie MLB 64 (AFFL Redskins)
Buffalo Bills GM - DFFL
Cincinnati Bengals GM - CFFL
Washington Redskins GM - AFFL
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

Alex S

AFFL - Cleveland Browns 27-21-1
CFFL - Carolina Panthers 20-12-1
Overall - 47-33-2 (.573 win%)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I read that a new player update might be coming out Thursday or Friday based upon the 53 man rosters and recent evaluations. Hopefully most of the players without grades are covered in that with a new grade for 2011. Those that aren't, we'll use the free agent rankings. For players no on real teams after week 4, as we did in previous seasons, we'd cut down those rankings from the off-season if still not deemed worthy to be on an NFL roster and Madden not likely updating that player any more this season since not on rosters.

I'm also hoping to get positional flexibility updated and improve the grade calculation script to ensure the grades are optimized before we run our sim for week 1 sometime next week after the NFL games.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
John W.

Post by John W. »

L. Coles - WR - 76
Leon Williams - ROLB - 69
John Webb
New England Patriots
General Manager - AFFL
The Unofficial AFFL Almanac
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

Goodell wrote:I read that a new player update might be coming out Thursday or Friday based upon the 53 man rosters and recent evaluations. Hopefully most of the players without grades are covered in that with a new grade for 2011. Those that aren't, we'll use the free agent rankings. For players no on real teams after week 4, as we did in previous seasons, we'd cut down those rankings from the off-season if still not deemed worthy to be on an NFL roster and Madden not likely updating that player any more this season since not on rosters.

I'm also hoping to get positional flexibility updated and improve the grade calculation script to ensure the grades are optimized before we run our sim for week 1 sometime next week after the NFL games.
Personally I feel we need to clean up the multiple positions guys. There are very few players who play more than one posiotn in a giving year. Just because they played that posiition in college, should give them the automatic to play it in the NFL. For example, I have Tyvon Branch who is clearly a safety and will never play another down at CB ever in the NFL. So he should be listed a a S and not as a CB/S. There are several cases of this, and once those are cleaned up, I think it'd take care of 90% of the script issue. Another option would be to declare their position each week like we do the WR/TE players.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

soonertf wrote:
Goodell wrote:I read that a new player update might be coming out Thursday or Friday based upon the 53 man rosters and recent evaluations. Hopefully most of the players without grades are covered in that with a new grade for 2011. Those that aren't, we'll use the free agent rankings. For players no on real teams after week 4, as we did in previous seasons, we'd cut down those rankings from the off-season if still not deemed worthy to be on an NFL roster and Madden not likely updating that player any more this season since not on rosters.

Personally I feel we need to clean up the multiple positions guys. There are very few players who play more than one posiotn in a giving year. Just because they played that posiition in college, should give them the automatic to play it in the NFL. For example, I have Tyvon Branch who is clearly a safety and will never play another down at CB ever in the NFL. So he should be listed a a S and not as a CB/S. There are several cases of this, and once those are cleaned up, I think it'd take care of 90% of the script issue. Another option would be to declare their position each week like we do the WR/TE players.
I'd generally agree with your premise, although there certainly are exceptions. In fact, one extreme exception is Spencer Havner, who has played both TE and LB the last few years, and will do so again this offseason. In fact, the Lions picked him up, and listed him at LB.

There are also some offensive and defensive linemen with the ability to move over, but its not as common at other positions.

I have Alan Ball in the AFFL, and he's the starting FS for the Cowboys. There is no intent for him to play CB at all this year, so I'd be fine with him losing the CB status, but gaining the FS one.

While we're discussing "cleaning" stuff up, I think it would be nice to erase those players who have passed away off the FA listings too.

I know, I know. Troy is probably cursing us out right about now. haha
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Dan R.

Post by Dan R. »

sportznut wrote:I'd generally agree with your premise, although there certainly are exceptions. In fact, one extreme exception is Spencer Havner, who has played both TE and LB the last few years, and will do so again this offseason. In fact, the Lions picked him up, and listed him at LB.

There are also some offensive and defensive linemen with the ability to move over, but its not as common at other positions.

I have Alan Ball in the AFFL, and he's the starting FS for the Cowboys. There is no intent for him to play CB at all this year, so I'd be fine with him losing the CB status, but gaining the FS one.

While we're discussing "cleaning" stuff up, I think it would be nice to erase those players who have passed away off the FA listings too.

I will disagree in a few cases - for example, for defensive linemen, alignment plays a big part of what position some people are listed at - smallish DTs that work well for 4-3s usually move over to DE when they play at 3-4, so if they have the ability to play both, or have played one position in the near past, I think they should be listed as both.

The same goes for offensive linemen - many have the ability to switch between C/G or G/T (very rarely C/T), and even though a player may not be playing that position this year, if I was truly running a team, I'd have no qualms giving a talented guard who canplay center the chance to be my starting center.

And, as Nut stated, there are some players who legitimately play both positions in a season - on my CFFL Texans, Chris Canty will be shifting between DT and DE for the Giants depending on situation, and Trevor Scott was at least slated to play snaps at both WLB and DE before he was moved back to be the Raider's starting LDE (though I suspect he may still play the elephant role at times)

Just my $.02
CFFL Houston Texans GM
Lifetime Record - 41-23 (0-2 Postseason)
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Dan R. wrote:
sportznut wrote:I'd generally agree with your premise, although there certainly are exceptions. In fact, one extreme exception is Spencer Havner, who has played both TE and LB the last few years, and will do so again this offseason. In fact, the Lions picked him up, and listed him at LB.

I will disagree in a few cases - for example, for defensive linemen, alignment plays a big part of what position some people are listed at - smallish DTs that work well for 4-3s usually move over to DE when they play at 3-4, so if they have the ability to play both, or have played one position in the near past, I think they should be listed as both.

The same goes for offensive linemen - many have the ability to switch between C/G or G/T (very rarely C/T), and even though a player may not be playing that position this year, if I was truly running a team, I'd have no qualms giving a talented guard who canplay center the chance to be my starting center.

And, as Nut stated, there are some players who legitimately play both positions in a season - on my CFFL Texans, Chris Canty will be shifting between DT and DE for the Giants depending on situation, and Trevor Scott was at least slated to play snaps at both WLB and DE before he was moved back to be the Raider's starting LDE (though I suspect he may still play the elephant role at times)

Just my $.02
As I mentioned, o-line and d-line guys tend to have the most flexibility. Perhaps one way to work with the position flexibility is to allow a player to play ALL positions he's played the previous season, and any new positions he might be playing this year. The only requirement is that it MUST be in the NFL. So if he played tackle in college, but is a rookie guard in the NFL, he's not eligible at tackle.

These could be considered two separate issues or the same.

Just a thought.

I don't care either way so long as the guys on my team are eligible for their "new" positions this year.

My second point on rookies would absolutely have to be handled, and voted upon in the offseason though. Too late for this year if you were to take positions away.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Ben C.

Madden 2011 Ratings

Post by Ben C. »

Update #3 is officially out. Most of the update consisted of transactions as rosters were cut down and adjusted for the start of the season; however there were 40 rating changes.

Here is a spreadsheet with the changes: http://benjaminclarkphotography.com/foo ... 10_wk1.xls

And a list of the relevant updates (since there were only 40, I'll post the full list here):

Matt Flynn QB GB Increase, from 57 to 66OVR
Morgan Burnett S GB Increase, from 70 to 73OVR
Tramon Williams CB GB Increase, from 75 to 77OVR
Arian Foster HB HOU Increase, from 72 to 78OVR
Dexter McCluster WR KC Increase, from 70 to 72OVR
Dwayne Bowe WR KC Increase, from 84 to 85OVR
Jackie Battle HB KC Increase, from 65 to 70OVR
Jason Allen CB MIA Increase, from 64 to 71OVR
Ikaika Alama-Francis OLB MIA Increase, from 67 to 72OVR
Albert Young HB MIN Increase, from 66 to 69OVR
Garrett Hartley K NO Increase, from 76 to 80OVR
LaDainian Tomlinson HB NYJ Increase, from 82 to 84OVR
Shonn Greene HB NYJ Increase, from 81 to 82OVR
Stanford Routt CB OAK Increase, from 67 to 71OVR
Chris Johnson CB OAK Decrease, from 76 to 74OVR
Emmanual Sanders WR PIT Decrease, from 66 to 62OVR
Mike Williams WR SEA Increase, from 69 to 73OVR
Deon Butler WR SEA Increase, from 70 to 71OVR
Anthony Dixon HB SF Increase, from 67 to 69OVR
Craig Dahl S STL Increase, from 67 to 75OVR
James Butler S STL Decrease, from 80 to 77OVR
Michael Hoomanawanui TE STL Increase, from 63 to 66OVR
Cadillac Williams HB TB Increase, from 77 to 78OVR
Earnest Graham FB TB Increase, from 78 to 80OVR
Colin Allred OLB TEN Increase, from 57 to 66OVR
Kenny Britt WR TEN Decrease, from 82 to 79OVR
Devin Thomas WR WAS Decrease, from 74 to 71OVR
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
dinkatoid

Post by dinkatoid »

sportznut wrote:]Perhaps one way to work with the position flexibility is to allow a player to play ALL positions he's played the previous season, and any new positions he might be playing this year. The only requirement is that it MUST be in the NFL. So if he played tackle in college, but is a rookie guard in the NFL, he's not eligible at tackle.
See, but this is a very fine line. The thing is, we are supposed to be the GM. While it would be nice to cut down some flexibility, I do not really think it is needed. Sure, it may not be his natural position in the NFL, but we do not know he can't play it just because he is not. Since you are the GM, you could possibly choose to put him somewhere where his current NFL team would not, seeing as he did play it in college, its not too big of a stretch.

Before someone points it out, let me make this clear. We can't over do this though obviously. I am not suggesting that I should be able to make my qb play DT if I wanted (even though Russell probably could). Just that we could move him to a position he has previously played, even if it was in college.
CFFL - Cheifs
AFBL - San Antonio Spurs