Supplemental Draft: 2010

Goodell

Supplemental Draft: 2010

Post by Goodell »

Today the NFL had their supplemental draft. Bears selected BYU RB/FB Harvey Unga in the seventh-round of Thursday's supplemental draft. Cowboys selected Illinois DT Joshua Price-Brent in the seventh-round of Thursday's supplemental draft. The two other players available in Thursday's Supplemental Draft, RB Quentin Castille of Northwestern State and WR Vanness Emokpae of Truman State, went undrafted.

Deadline: End of day midnight ET on 7/31, and I'll announce the results on 8/1.

If you have an interest in any of the available supplemental draft players, please do the following.

Email commish@fangm.com, making it clear which team & league you represent and what draft round you wish to bid in selecting the player.

For example... AFFL Atlanta selects Harvey Unga with a 7th round pick (originally SF) for the supplemental draft.

Don't worry about me seeing all the sent bids and just out-bidding everyone at the end as AFFL ATL will not submit a supplemental draft bid.

You MUST currently possess a 2011 draft pick in the round you specify. You cannot say you'll select the player with a 6th rounder if you don't have a 6th rounder in 2011. If you have multiple 6th rounders for example, you must also mention the original team holder of that pick (which you can see by rolling your mouse over the "i" next to draft pick or right-clicking into properties on firefox).

The highest bidded draft pick will get the player in each league. If multiple teams offer up a 7th rounder, for example, we use the current 2010 season draft order (by original team slots based upon worst records) to determine which is the highest pick being bidded. If you don't have the highest bid, you don't get the player but do keep your draft pick offered up.

The winning bidder will get that player on their roster for this year (assuming they have enough cap space) and will give up the associated draft pick in 2011. The supplemental draftee will receive a contract the same as the player slotted in the real 2010 draft once we sign those rookie contracts (if picked in the 7th round supplemental by a team whose pick is at the beginning of the 7th, the players rookie deal would be the same as an early 7th rounder from our real 2010 draft).

Teams do not need to bid on these players if not interested or not willing to give up a draft pick for them. But if you would like to acquire one of these supplemental draft players, send an email by 7/31 to commish@fangm.com with the bidded draft round and I'll award the player to the highest bidding team on 8/1.

I will send a confirmation reply email back to all bidders. If you do not get a confirmation within a day or two let me know as I may not have received your bid. Let me know if any questions. Thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Re: Supplemental Draft: 2010

Post by Goodell »

I'm double-checking my emails, but wanted to post these preliminary results first before I added the players and removed the picks in case someone notifies me of a correction.

AFFL:
Harvey Unga - OAK - 5th rounder (OAK)
Joshua Price-Brent - TEN - 6th rounder (DAL)

CFFL:
I don't believe any supplemental picks sent in from CFFL teams.

DFFL:
Joshua Price-Brent -BAL - 5th round bid (Oakland)
Harvey Unga - BAL - 6th Round (Jacksonville)
Quentin Castille - BAL - 6th round (New England)

Any players eligible who weren't drafted will become free agents later this week when I also update all the NFL available free agents based upon training camp rosters. I'll post a time when I know that'll be updated soon.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office