Injuries

Do you like injuries based upon reality or would you prefer they were randomly determined?

Yes - Keep our injuries based upon real NFL injuries.
91%
No - Have the game simulator generate sim injuries.
9%

Total votes: 34

Goodell

Injuries

Post by Goodell »

Hey, we've been doing it this way for so long I just want to make sure what I think most people have expressed wanting is the really the case.

Here Peyton Manning isn't hurt unless he's hurt in reality, but we could easily change the program to have it be decided randomly within a game where each player has some kind of odds that they get hurt for this game, or for multiple games, or even out all year based upon simulated odds versus going off health in reality.

Don't worry, as this isn't going to change any rules for this year, but just a double check for me to make sure I get where most people are here and if they like the real approach we've been based around or would prefer we consider a change someday more like baseball sim leagues where real injuries aren't factored in but players still get hurt by a random determination.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
TylerW

Re: Injuries

Post by TylerW »

When you say some kind of odds for the injuries would those odds be altered depending on if the player got hurt in real life that week.

So if Manning has a season ending injury the % of him getting hurt that week is 95% or something

but if he gets hurt for like a quarter the % of him getting hurt is like 5%

or are we just talking a set % based on the player and keeping it that % for the whole season?
GM SD Chargers CFFL
Franchise Record: 72-23-1 (Playoffs: 4-5)
-2008,2009,2010,2011,2013 AFC West Division Champions
-2008 AFC Champions
GM NY Giants AFFL
Franchise Record: 4-44
Goodell

Re: Injuries

Post by Goodell »

TylerW wrote:When you say some kind of odds for the injuries would those odds be altered depending on if the player got hurt in real life that week.

So if Manning has a season ending injury the % of him getting hurt that week is 95% or something

but if he gets hurt for like a quarter the % of him getting hurt is like 5%

or are we just talking a set % based on the player and keeping it that % for the whole season?

No, it was kind of a check to make sure most were good with the focus on bringing in real events like actual injuries. If you play baseball sim leagues, the software most use generates those independently no matter if a player was hurt in reality or not. I figure most playing here really like the focus on reality since that's what we do, but double-checking that belief.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office