53 Man Roster Cut-Down : Sept 4

Goodell

Re: 53 Man Roster Cut-Down : Sept 4

Post by Goodell »

larry linke wrote:I am curious why when you sign someone from another teams practice squad and during the seven day waiting period, that player counts as active on your squad. I am currently considered over the roster limit for a player who I fully expect to be matched. The problem is that I am not allowed to bid on any other free agents as the system wont take my bid.

Larry
Minnesota
They are an active player under contract. When rosters freeze tonight, if not matched they'd be part of your team playing week 1. The limit on bidding when (a) teams are over the cap or (b) teams are over their 53 man limit is intended to not allow teams to get too far over either rule.

Teams are allowed to place a bid if they are at 53 (but if signed would need to cut someone else to make room within 48 hours), but not allowed to keep adding players if they are already OVER the 53 rule.

Lots of teams expressed frustration in the past about teams being over the cap or over the 53 man roster limit and I can't always be around to monitor that so tighter controls created to not allow teams to go too far over at least in terms of signing more and more players unless they were in compliance.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I mentioned before trying to get more people involved in the sim than just the limited number on the depth chart (more than just 1 kick returner, more receivers) to spread things around a bit more. The way I have it uploading weekly update stats this year it should be able to take in the stats for everybody and include some more players possibly in your sim game that are on your roster even if not in the depth chart. But the ones in the depth chart would be the focus still, but if designated players start reaching their weekly updates it might be adjusted to look toward other players on the roster with real game updates and incorporate more players instead of loading up on depth chart guys going way over their update. Not totally sure I'll have that completely going week 1, but will try and that'll be the intention to have more players in the sim contributing toward more realism.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I hope to do most of the game sims on Tuesdays following the completion of the NFL weekend, but might be more like Wednesday night or Thursday this first week while trying to get things setup and some intended adjustments completed. Don't think we'll need GMs to enter any stats this year if people are wondering about getting their guys' stats in, as toward the end of last year I found a way to cut and paste from the boxscores and upload everyone easier.
Onyxgem

Post by Onyxgem »

Goodell wrote:I hope to do most of the game sims on Tuesdays following the completion of the NFL weekend, but might be more like Wednesday night or Thursday this first week while trying to get things setup and some intended adjustments completed. Don't think we'll need GMs to enter any stats this year if people are wondering about getting their guys' stats in, as toward the end of last year I found a way to cut and paste from the boxscores and upload everyone easier.

Where is the link again to input stats?
yaddleme

Post by yaddleme »

Will the grades be updated before the sim is run? There are players that were missed when the updates were last done. I posted a few for my teams earlier.
Buffalo Bills GM - DFFL
Cincinnati Bengals GM - CFFL
Washington Redskins GM - AFFL
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

yaddleme wrote:Will the grades be updated before the sim is run? There are players that were missed when the updates were last done. I posted a few for my teams earlier.
yes
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

Onyxgem wrote:
Goodell wrote:I hope to do most of the game sims on Tuesdays following the completion of the NFL weekend, but might be more like Wednesday night or Thursday this first week while trying to get things setup and some intended adjustments completed. Don't think we'll need GMs to enter any stats this year if people are wondering about getting their guys' stats in, as toward the end of last year I found a way to cut and paste from the boxscores and upload everyone easier.

There's a link on the scoreboard page if you hit 'scores' on the green bar across the top of the page.
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Onyxgem wrote:

No need for others to input stats this year.