10: Player Updates (Retirement, Suspensions, Injuries, etc.)

Goodell

10: Player Updates (Retirement, Suspensions, Injuries, etc.)

Post by Goodell »

We have always recognize all real injuries, suspensions, and retirements as we seek to put our sim GMs into the shoes of the real GMs dealing with those real things.

One thing that comes into play a bit more this year is holdouts. As mentioned before, like we allowed JaMarcus Russell and Michael Crabtree to play in the AFFL while holding out in reality their rookie seasons since they had AFFL contracts, if a player has a sim contract they aren't sim holdouts. Our sim holdouts are different than the real holdouts since we have different sim contracts that are either signed or not in our virtual world.

I will be updating injuries for Week 1 soon. Like last year, for doubtful it's 75% discount of the player grade, questionable is 85%, and probable we used 99%. The injury report status will appear next to the player name on the team roster when i've uploaded injuries for week 1.

I found this list of 2010 suspensions and have updated those. Let me know if anyone is missing from officially announced suspensions. If more pop up during the season and I don't catch them you can post them in this thread also. You can click next to their name on the team roster to add them to the suspension list and recoup the game checks for the weeks suspended.

SUSPENSIONS:
LB Robert James Suspension Four-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 5 at Cleveland
DL Jonathan Babineaux Suspension One-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 2 vs. Cardinals
DB Cary Williams Suspension Two-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 3 vs. Cleveland
TE Shawn Nelson Suspension Four-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 5 vs. Jacksonville
DL Johnny Jolly Suspension Suspended for 2010 season. Eligible to return for 2011 season
LB Brian Cushing Suspension Four-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 5 vs. N.Y. Giants
WR Santonio Holmes Suspension Four-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 5 vs. Minnesota
QB Ben Roethlisberger Suspension Four-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 6 vs. Cleveland
WR Vincent Jackson Suspension Multi-game suspension (3). Return to be determined. Might hold out until at least Week 11 vs. Denver
LB Leroy Hill Suspension One-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 2 at Denver
DB Aqib Talib Suspension One-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 2 at Carolina
LB Gerald McRath Suspension Four-game suspension. Eligible to return Week 5 vs. Dallas
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office