Week 1

Goodell

Week 1

Post by Goodell »

Sorry, I know I'm delayed in getting our week 1 posted, but just wanted to give an update. I'm still working out the kinks with some of the new features added (big plays added, defensive stats) but should have some time this afternoon and tonight with everyone out of the house. The worst thing would be to post a lot of jacked up games with messed up results because of new features added not working quite right. It's best for the game to get those new things in there and should be completed soon.

Lots of other things have been happening lately also taking me away from that as I've resigned from my current job just today and starting up a new one soon.

If you have a week 2 change for your depth chart and can't be around tonight (after we un-freeze them), saturday, or sunday morning to make the change, as always just send me a PM and I can adjust for you.

There are a lot of things to do for week 1 getting started and changing things over for a new season that I won't have to do for the weeks ahead, so I should be able to crank them out sooner with better tools now, but thanks for your patience with this first week. Should be posted tonight.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Ben C.

Re: Week 1

Post by Ben C. »

Goodell wrote:Lots of other things have been happening lately also taking me away from that as I've resigned from my current job just today and starting up a new one soon.
Congrats on the new job!
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Is your new job full time at fangm?? If so ill hafta crank up the donations
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Royce R wrote:Is your new job full time at fangm?? If so ill hafta crank up the donations
I would love it to be someday. I have about 60 domains I own and haven't gotten started on most of them other than some ideas written on a napkin, but would love to not have any job other than working on my own stuff. This new step might be one that gets toward that direction some day. Also learned we have a new second baby on the way next year, so lots going on.
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Goodell wrote:
Royce R wrote:Is your new job full time at fangm?? If so ill hafta crank up the donations
I would love it to be someday. I have about 60 domains I own and haven't gotten started on most of them other than some ideas written on a napkin, but would love to not have any job other than working on my own stuff. This new step might be one that gets toward that direction some day. Also learned we have a new second baby on the way next year, so lots going on.
Congrats on both Troy!

So what's the new job?
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

Congrats on the little one. My wife is due Monday so my 3rd boy is very close.
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Didn't get to everything I hoped with improvements/adjustments for the game simulator, but got some of it in and will keep working on that throughout the season, especially as glitches pop up and trying to prevent later. Of the new intended things, sacks for example does now have more to do with the team's defensive performance but not putting in names and tracking those yet individually but just helping the team generally by team totals from the defensive updates.

The thing that was really slowing things down tonight trying to get throught each game was a lot of depth charts with very old info, players no longer on their teams, etc. I had to manually edit many and just took a long while to get through and didn't spend a lot of time on each team to fix. Depth charts are unfrozen now, so if you haven't please go to that link from your team roster and update the depth chart for the new season.

Week 1 posted under the Scores link in the header. Stats also hooked up.

As always, we'll lock the depth charts again once the Sunday games start. We'll try to get the games cranked out on Tuesdays now that this first week is through and things setup for a new year. Thanks
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Big plays are also now part of the generated action, but I'm still tweaking that a bit as we get results.

There isn't a guarantee that the long play from NFL action for a player happens in the sim. It depends upon a few factors and if it doesn't mess up everybody's stats. The odds of it happening increase as the game goes along, but as the player builds up stats if he gets close to his projection without a big play it won't pop a big one and go way over. The idea is to work toward those adjusted averages on a play-by-play basis.

We did see CJ2K take off for 76 yard rushing TD, so more of those types of things will happen than they used to if long plays happened in reality. It's not always great because sometimes it's better to have that great yardage and average spead out over many plays to keep more drives going than just one play, but it gives more quick strike reflection of reality now.

It's not just for 80 yard runs, as the longest play for an individual (even if not very long but just the recorded longest for each skill position player) can be factored into their runs/receptions calculations if they are under their expected numbers to help move them toward those.
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

had some big plays for sure. The Vince Young and Austin Collie connection looks very fierce :P

I was wondering why do we go with ypc instead of ypa?? I don't know how much difference it would make but since we now have the big plays upping the average I think we may see a lot of 1 yard catches? And maybe it evens out about the same anyway.
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
RebelFan

Post by RebelFan »

Hey kudos on the new job & young en' Troy! That's great!
You too Royce, congrats on the new addition to the family! 3 boys, that is awesome. You're gonna have all kinds of help around the farm, lol.
GM - Chicago Bears - AFFL
GM - San Francisco 49ers - DFFL

"Talent Hoarder"