Trade Deadline

dhaeman

Trade Deadline

Post by dhaeman »

I know the NFL has it as next Tuesday. Since games aren't usually simmed until Wednesday and our rosters are locked during that time it doesn't seem like the Tuesday deadline makes sense. So when is the FanGM trade deadline?
CFFL - Titans GM
sportznut

Re: Trade Deadline

Post by sportznut »

dhaeman wrote:I know the NFL has it as next Tuesday. Since games aren't usually simmed until Wednesday and our rosters are locked during that time it doesn't seem like the Tuesday deadline makes sense. So when is the FanGM trade deadline?
I believe how Troy handled it before was that the deadline went up until week 6.

So, instead of it being Tuesday, it would instead be up until rosters freeze on the week 6 Sunday games.

I'm not 100% positive though.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Yeah, since our games are delayed from the real ones we'll give our teams some time to react to any last game developments. The next time we freeze the rosters after the NFL's deadline (before those next Sunday games) we'll have that a permanent freeze on trades since past the deadline.

That would make our trade deadline: Sunday 10/24 at 1PM ET when rosters frozen for that week.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Goodell wrote:That would make our trade deadline: Sunday 10/24 at 1PM ET when rosters frozen for that week.
Just a heads up that I'll be gone for a good part of the upcoming week. I'll be in Washington DC (never been to the east coast before) for a couple days Wednesday - Saturday morning for a work conference.

I may be able to check on things remotely at night depending, but if there are any trade problems I'll fix when back.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Troy, trades are already locked out, but they're not supposed to be until 1 PM today.

HELP!
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Andrew P

Post by Andrew P »

Yes Troy..... Help.... I have offers but I can not look at them.... Whoever sent me the offer PM the offer
GM Record 51-19
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

sportznut wrote:Troy, trades are already locked out, but they're not supposed to be until 1 PM today.

HELP!
I guess I initially had it setup based upon entering a date and not a date and time for the system to automatically know if past the deadline or not. I should have that fixed now. We'll maybe give an extra trading day next week for those who missed last minute deal opportunities because of that mixup.
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

So, we're going to make the deadline later? (which is great, I just wanna make sure)

Sometime after the sim, I assume... a 24 hour window?
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Jared A wrote:So, we're going to make the deadline later? (which is great, I just wanna make sure)

Yeah, I don't know the details yet because I don't know yet when I'll be able to sim the week's games. But probably give people a day to do those last second ones if the mishap this morning messed anybody up and weren't around to do the trades later before the depthchart freeze.
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

Goodell wrote:
Jared A wrote:So, we're going to make the deadline later? (which is great, I just wanna make sure)

Yeah, I don't know the details yet because I don't know yet when I'll be able to sim the week's games. But probably give people a day to do those last second ones if the mishap this morning messed anybody up and weren't around to do the trades later before the depthchart freeze.
Seems fair to me. Once you get a handle on what late night (say Wednesday for example) you're running the sim, you could have the next day be the one day trade window until midnight.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins