Punts blocked

redsoxfan31x21

Punts blocked

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

Is it just coincidence that only 9 punts have been blocked in the DFFL and 6 of them have been against my team? Scifres has 6 punts blocked and the next closest is 2. I beleive 3 were blocked last game.

How and why does this happen? Or is it just by odd chance/
Franchise Record - 47-39 (3-3 playoffs)
'10 - 12-4 - AFC West Champs - 1-1 Playoffs
'11 - 14-2 - AFC West Champs - #1 AFC seed - 1-1 Playoffs - AFC Title Loss
'12 - 11-5 - AFC Wild Card - 1-1 playoffs
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11
Goodell

Re: Punts blocked

Post by Goodell »

redsoxfan31x21 wrote:Is it just coincidence that only 9 punts have been blocked in the DFFL and 6 of them have been against my team? Scifres has 6 punts blocked and the next closest is 2. I beleive 3 were blocked last game.

When they happen it is driven by actual blocks in actual NFL games. Punters have their real punting averages per game, as well as real punts placed within the 20, as well as blocks entered into the weekly update. Scifres leads the league in his punts blocked by a wide margin.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Goodell wrote:
redsoxfan31x21 wrote:Is it just coincidence that only 9 punts have been blocked in the DFFL and 6 of them have been against my team? Scifres has 6 punts blocked and the next closest is 2. I beleive 3 were blocked last game.

When they happen it is driven by actual blocks in actual NFL games. Punters have their real punting averages per game, as well as real punts placed within the 20, as well as blocks entered into the weekly update. Scifres leads the league in his punts blocked by a wide margin.
But he shouldn't have had any last week. I copy and paste the box scores to upload stats, and the box score may have mistakenly had blocks and within the 20 in the wrong columns.

We don't have everyone manually enter stats any more, and I don't recall a lot of issues with stats being entered wrong right off importing box scores, but it's possible a typo in the box score could impact here. Even though everyone doesn't manual enter stats any more, you can always check before I run the games by going to the same place to view the weekly updates. You click scores, and then there is a link to view the updates.

Would always be good if people have time to double-check their team's updates and send me a PM if any problems noticed. It takes me some time to do that, but I like to have them done one night and then run the sims the next night if I can. I already uploaded the thanksgiving games this week and should have today's games in there tomorrow night.

Scifres has 4 blocked punts in reality, I believe. Leading AFFL with 3, CFFL with 4, but more in the DFFL as you mention. I'll keep an eye on the blocked punts on the updates and make sure there aren't any mistakes there in the updates driven by real blocks. Scifres's has had a lot in reality this year, and thus a lot in the sim... but a little too many as you mention for your sim team.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
redsoxfan31x21

Post by redsoxfan31x21 »

thanks for the explanation, i was just wondering because of the 3 last game. it wouldn't have made a difference because the game wasnt very close.
Franchise Record - 47-39 (3-3 playoffs)
'10 - 12-4 - AFC West Champs - 1-1 Playoffs
'11 - 14-2 - AFC West Champs - #1 AFC seed - 1-1 Playoffs - AFC Title Loss
'12 - 11-5 - AFC Wild Card - 1-1 playoffs
'13 - 2-14
'14 - 5-11