Test Phase Today

Do you like some of the new forum/chat changes?

Yes!!
100%
No... see comments below.
No votes
Maybe.
No votes

Total votes: 27

Goodell

Test Phase Today

Post by Goodell »

I am opening up the new multi-league, multi-sport forum for some testing today. I'll probably delete all messages posted in this forum tomorrow, so don't post anything in this new forum setup today you want to keep. Just let me know what you think or if any problems.

For those without a login they will be able to see all public areas. You can see by logging out. For those within a league, once you log-in you should see your league(s) link under the sport category.

With some of the bigger hurdles now crossed in the new setup, I'll activate the new roster and other league pages tomorrow with GM check-in and franchise tag designation done from the new roster pages themselves.

None of the top header links will be working right now, but will be tomorrow. Today is just testing of the new forum and chat setup.

The pull-down at the top will be a quick jump to your personalized teams in all applicable leagues, as well as the forum and homepage for each. Those are going to old CFFL pages currently but will be updated tomorrow for the new stuff.

Give your feedback but I'll probably wipe the forums clean after testing today. Go ahead and post test messages just to try things out and see if any problems before we get it going for real tomorrow.

There are some cool things I haven't gotten to quite yet, but hopefully we have the essentials in place for a more universal setup for multiple leagues now and can go foward with the football off-season soon... possibly as soon as starting Monday depending upon if many GMs to replace.

So try out the new chat functionality (both on the side view of all pages and chat rooms) and let me know if any issues in accessing the leagues you are in or having the corresponding avatar show up. There are still some forum pages to update for that functionality (like profile) but didn't want to delay while those smaller kinks worked out.

Thanks for your patience... we're getting closer to starting I promise.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Michael D.

Re: Test Phase Today

Post by Michael D. »

On first glance, it looks like you've done a very good job. if i run in to anything weird i'll let you know.
AFFL Carolina Panthers
CFFL Bowl I Champions (NYG)
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

I had some problems with the dynamic avatar script once everyone started posting some test messages (which was a good thing to work out the kinks) but I think it is fine now.

I'm not totally sure about the public league generic avatars yet where I currently have a general football image and text written over it as a generated graphic but we'll try to do something later to bring more color in for those public avatars and show all the team helmets or something. But also can't put too many resources toward something so simple.

There was a comment on the AFFL board about widescreen monitors and moving the right column to the left. I don't have access to a widescreen monitor to test and not sure if making it scalable by percent width instead of fixed will mess things up. But when I get a chance to check it out on a wide screen monitor I may try to switch to taking up a percentage of the screen.

The stuff on the right isn't intended to be critical but more miscellaneous stuff (football news feeds, fun chat trash talk, etc.) so put it in the typical area you might see ads in the side bar. We might have some too to keep everything free always.

I've also added a football news feed from RotoWorld so breaking football news pops up here too as people looking at their rosters or forum posts.

I'll get some rules discussion threads going. Probably won't have the franchise/transition tag stuff quite done yet as I thought I was completely done with the dynamic avatar and new forum setup yesterday and could work on that roster management stuff but had to try to fix the forum stuff further last night and today. Also will be at family later this evening, but may have some time late tonight and tomorrow to get the check-in and roster and franchise tag setups.

I'll mix in the rules discussion posts but feel free to test if you'd like otherwise and I'll just delete everything later but keep the rules discussions so we can get started even while I'm still working on things. Thanks
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

Is it just the forums up and going thus far?
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
soonertf

Post by soonertf »

It looks like there is an issue with my avatar/ It shows I have Michael's teams as well. Also has the CFFL Vikings been handed off to the new guy? I don't see them listed on my avatar.
AFFL - Dallas Cowboy's GM
Regular Season Record - 109-72
Playoff Record - 12-4
AFFL Bowl Record - 3-0

3x AFFL Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
3x NFC Champions - 2009, 2011, 2018
6x NFC East Champions - 2007, 2009-13
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Yes. Still some tweaks to the forums but should be functional now and the avatar thing should be finally fixed now to where it'll align with your team depending upon which league posting in -- with a more general one that lists all your teams in public forum outside of league-specific discussions.

EDIT: maybe a little more tweaking on that needed still...

Roster pages won't be too hard to turn back on with franchise tag and RFA compensation selections as we did that for CFFL last year, but I want to make some modifications there and have those default prices automatically go into the roster page (even if that player might get a higher offer later to match and put in instead) so teams get a better idea of finances all things considered. Also want to add a GM check-in on the roster pages late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Most of the other tools not too difficult to get back up and running but need some tweaks with new database setup and universal players list. Seems to be working with some of the roster tests so will continue adjusting those this week into the weekend.

We'll keep discussions going on rules with a couple topics a day this week in to weekend, add GM check-in to roster pages soon (I want to do there and store in DB for keeping track of open teams in the system versus forum posts), and get going into league activity soon.
FanGM
Site Admin

Post by FanGM »

soonertf wrote:It looks like there is an issue with my avatar/ It shows I have Michael's teams as well. Also has the CFFL Vikings been handed off to the new guy? I don't see them listed on my avatar.
I think that should be fixed now but it sometimes looks fixed to me with existing posts until new posts come along with something off again. Thanks

The CFFL team transferred to the new GM.
Official Statement from FanGM Management
Jared A

Post by Jared A »

Looks very good. There's a couple other rules issues that should probably get threads too...

Playoff real stats

and

Playoff season averages (total games played)
Royce R

Post by Royce R »

when checking my grades through the depth chart TE's are not figured into the WR grade
AFFL - Titans GM since 2007
96 - 62 - 2 regular season
6 playoff appearances
4 division titles
2 conference titles
1 AFFL title
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Royce R wrote:when checking my grades through the depth chart TE's are not figured into the WR grade
I don't think anything changed there from last year, just updated the queries for how it finds the players across new database setup but otherwise should be the same.

I believe that is related to the TE/TEWR difference where before last year we created that and most not wanting TEs to count both toward OL and WR grades making them overly emphasized or more important than either a top LT or top WR. Pass receiving TEs who are graded highly primarily for their receiving skills more than blocking were setup as TEWR to go toward Receiver grades more than TEs who could help out the OL grade. Note on the depth chart to PM or email me if positional eligibility or changes requested where applicable to change someone from TE to TEWR if more of a reciever and grade should go there more than helping out the line as much as a LT when mostly a pass catcher.