2012 Season Update

Goodell

Re: 2012 Season Update

Post by Goodell »

Yeah, thanks for the reminder on the supplemental picks. He should be added to all the rosters who drafted him now and associated picks removed.

Suspended players should now also be eligible to be added to suspension lists here as listed on nfl.com/transactions. Let me know if any updates needed. thanks
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
larry linke

Post by larry linke »

Ben C. wrote:
larry linke wrote:Lastly, I have five unrated free agents on my roster. E J Henderson's 88 rating is easy to find on the internet, but I have been unable to find a complete list. To have the unrated free agents in 2011 one way and to arbitrarily change the rules in 2012 without warning is unfair. Chicago (AFFL) has already looked up the ratings for some of us. If you could contact another GM who you know who has access to the ratings, whose ratings agree with the numbers supplied by Chicago, that would solve the problem.

Larry
Minnesota AFFL
I find it extremely hard to believe that EJ Henderson's rating would be 88. This is precisely why we need to have documentation. It's not "arbitrarily changing the rules." We've always relied upon the data being published somewhere on the internet, and you run the risk of free agents not having a rating.
Where I come from when someone says "they find it extremely hard to believe " they are calling someone a liar. You can google "Madden 13 Players Ratings, top free agents to add to your ..." or you can go to youtube and type in "Madden 13, new free agents".

Before I was going to call someone a liar, I would do a little research first.

Larry
Minnesota AFFL
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Larry,

I don't think you are trying to deceive us. I've seen the lists on bleacher report and some forums. I'm just saying it seems highly suspect that a player who lost his starting job last year on a 3-13 team, hasn't shown much for two years, and doesn't have a job today would be rated 88. Put together with some of the other players listed on the free agent lists we've seen thus far makes me doubt the accuracy of the fan-reported lists. Until EA or a reputable site like pasta padre reports it, I won't believe it. Right now it is entirely possible that some 13 year old posted a list of free agents with ratings he made up, someone else copied it, and it eventually went viral.

In other words, if EA gave EJ Henderson an 88 in the game, I'm very disappointed in the quality of the ratings this year. I could see 78 or 80 for him at this point in his career but definitely not upper 80s.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

Quick update... week 1 is always the most involved for me and then it should get rolling better with repetitive weeks after. I've uploaded the NFL weekly updates. You can see those from scoreboard and view updates. http://www.fangm.com/football/weeklyupd ... eague=affl

Still working on getting previously mentioned notes into week 1 and will update when expect to sim soon. Thanks
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

What's the story with the suspended players who had their bans lifted? Clearly this could create a bit of a roster crunch and salary cap issue. I need to know what the deal is so I can make the appropriate moves before the sim.

Thanks.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

If you want to make a depth chart change for week 2 involving a player who is in the Thursday night game, you can send PMs.

Week 1 is always the most involved for me to get things up and going again with various adjustments for the new season, but also had a ton of problems at work leading to precious little spare time the past few days.

That and the whole free agency grade and suspensions mess. We're going to have to change the processes on free agent grades next year I think or at least discuss further. Without published information that's also highly problematic to update fairly. Trying to locate solid published info on that or at least several reliable references to someting to make it more valid. If Madden puts out their week 2 grades here soon and it includes several guys who didn't have any grades in week 1 but should have, we'd use that published grade for players without a grade (but not update guys with week 1 grades until after our week 1). Otherwise, still searching for published valid info otherwise on those without grades. I think next year it's going to have to just be no grade published = no grade until a grade is published, as Madden publishes grade updates frequently enough to lessen that impact for marginally employed players and those who are unemployed often don't seem like an earlier free agency grade often based upon last year matches their unemployment status currently where they shouldn't be a sim superstar when no team wants them in reality. We knocked those grades down in week 4 for unemployed but don't know that's best and could have rule change discussions with that toward future seasons. For now will look to a weekly madden update to help with hopefully a lot of those grades and continue searching for verifiable published info on others otherwise.

I will implement the NO suspensions as they were enacted in reality, so if a guy like Vilma is no longer suspended but didn't play due to injury he'd be out to injury for us also. As for salary cap and roster implications, there is some reasonable understanding there toward a team who suddenly has one player added unexpectedly for them due to this -- and hoping we'll hear new word on that anyway soon so wouldn't even have to keep moving the players status all over the place if we hear soon enough. It's just expected that teams adjust for those situations if they put them out of compliance in a timely manner within a couple days (technically 48 hours) afterward.

The increased Thursday night games make it tough as we don't even get the stats loaded until after all the games are completed on Tuesday. Planning on implementing a change to the depth charts to try to better lock only players who are in the early games and allow changes for those who haven't played yet, but relies upon very good data updates for roster info to work.

Depending upon how tomorrow goes, could sim tomorrow night but thinking it might be more like simming week 1 on Friday night once work behind me for the week. Then being ready to knock week 2 out sooner early next week after everything set then going forward after week 1 preparations.
Ryan R

Post by Ryan R »

Question about lineups...

since the NFL is playing a ton of Thursday night games, how/when will we be able to adjust lineups from week one to week two and does the new schedule impact how we set our lineups during the season?
RyanM

Post by RyanM »

My question would be in regards to pending trades. Will there be a period of time to allow for accepting trades between weeks 1 & 2?
Ryan McKnight
Seattle GM - AFFL
Seattle GM - EFFL
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Ryan R wrote:Question about lineups...

since the NFL is playing a ton of Thursday night games, how/when will we be able to adjust lineups from week one to week two and does the new schedule impact how we set our lineups during the season?
Goodell wrote:If you want to make a depth chart change for week 2 involving a player who is in the Thursday night game, you can send PMs.
Any time the depth charts are locked, send a PM to Goodell to make a change before the player's game starts.
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

RyanM wrote:My question would be in regards to pending trades. Will there be a period of time to allow for accepting trades between weeks 1 & 2?
For now until we catch up, a team can send me a PM and I'll accept for them while rosters locked for week 2.

Crazy week and tough time for it with our first week too, but made some progress late last night and should have more time today.