2012 Draft

Goodell

2012 Draft

Post by Goodell »

With the 2012 draft underway, you can reply in this thread with any issues or comments. If new GMs have any questions and I'm not around to answer and time is running short for your pick, you can also post a question here or in the chat and other GMs should be able to assist.

Looks like our sim picks agree with how the NFL drafted, but once you get past the top things could get interesting.

Hoping to add some draft-related additions to the site as we go along depending upon how things go.

Happy drafting.
Official Statement from the Commissioner's Office
Goodell

Re: 2012 Draft

Post by Goodell »

I am not going to be online 24/7 monitoring the draft, so if any issues come up please post them in this thread. That's the only way to have a record of it and the time mentioned and making sure all can view the issues raised. Just mentioning it in chat there's no way for me to go back to past chat messages or to make sure all are aware of ongoing situations.
Goodell

Post by Goodell »

There was a reported issue of the wrong player being entered in the system than selected. Sounds like it was close to the clock running down and something might have sent crossed wires to pick selected. I've contacted the teams picking immediately after to let me know if they would have adjusted their selection if the picks had gone as intended.

33 - DAL : McClellin, Shea (DE - Boise State) --> Intended Harrison Smith
34 - CAR : Fleener, Coby (TE - Stanford)
35 - IND : Konz, Peter (C - Wisconsin)
36 - OAK : Mercilus, Whitney (DE - Illinois)
37 - PIT : Glenn, Cordy (G - Georgia)

Just in case this happens in the future, if the team involved will post in this thread immediately after at least all other teams picking below can adjust accordingly. I've been in some leagues where the entire draft is done on message board, so in cases where the automation fails or some other kind of issue, communication this way may allow the problem to be resolved easier after if other teams online know about the issue and can adjust accordingly. We may still have complications involving teams who aren't online at that time and not aware of issues, but at least we can attempt to resolve the best we can.

Thanks
Ben C.

Post by Ben C. »

Any reason why there isn't a #86 overall in AFFL?
AFFL Arizona - General Manager
Regular Season Record - 174-66-1
Playoff Record - 13-12
AFFL Bowl Record - 0-2

2x NFC Champions - 2010, 2016
11x NFC West Champions - 2007-12, 2014-15, 2017-18, 2021
AFFL History
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

Ben C. wrote:Any reason why there isn't a #86 overall in AFFL?
It was used in a supplemental pick from last summer (Terrell Pryor).
Ulrich82

Post by Ulrich82 »

In CFFL, C Philip Blake from Baylor was just drafted for the second time. He was originally drafted at pick 111 by Seattle. He was just taken again by NYG at pick 138.
CFFL SF 49ers since 2010
NFC West Champions: 2011, 2012, 2013 , 2014, 2015
Undefeated 2013-2014 Regular Season

AFFL:
Assistant GM with Car Panthers since 2012
Carolina Panthers GM Since 2014
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

In that case, I'm going to wait to make my pick until Troy fixes this issue. Or accept any trades for it.
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

sportznut wrote:In that case, I'm going to wait to make my pick until Troy fixes this issue. Or accept any trades for it.
Thanks for waiting on that. I'm not sure why that happened yet, but will try to check further into it.

In the meantime, fortunate it was the last pick of the day and removed that selection. Hopefully they're online tonight and can submit a replacement pick. Thanks
sportznut

Post by sportznut »

So, I'm assuming they don't have another played queued up then?
AFFL- Raiders
MLBSA- Tigers
WLSB- Marlins
Troy S

Post by Troy S »

I wasn't online at the time and wasn't sure immediately if it was manually selected or picked by the system. Looks like by the system, so will have it select from the top of the teams queue.